Thread: Trial for alleged Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht begins tomorrow, 13 January

Banned

Thumbs down Trial for alleged Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht begins tomorrow, 13 January

http://thelibertybeat.com/silk-road-...arrive-in-nyc/

This man faces life in prison for running a website. I hope that his legal teams gives the persecturors hell.

"Among the evidence jurors will hear is information about what prosecutors say is Ulbricht's role in six murder plots. A criminal complaint alleges that in March 2013, Ulbricht solicited a Silk Road user to carry out a murder plot in order to prevent the person from exposing the identities of Silk Road users. "
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Among the evidence jurors will hear is information about what prosecutors say is Ulbricht's role in six murder plots. A criminal complaint alleges that in March 2013, Ulbricht solicited a Silk Road user to carry out a murder plot in order to prevent the person from exposing the identities of Silk Road users. "
    I want an ISP provider like that.

Banned
    Why do we live in a world where people engaged in voluntary, peaceful commerce have to worry about hiding their identities?

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Why do we live in a world where people engaged in voluntary, peaceful commerce have to worry about hiding their identities?
    Well allegedly it wasn't all peaceful.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I want an ISP provider like that.

The prosecution is trying to set a very dangerous precedent here. I hope their case gets [edited] slapped.

If the guy did in fact conspire in a murder plot, then I'm not sure I can oppose a prosecution on that front... But is he actually being charged on that front, or is it only a story being used to damage his character in a trial charging him with unrelated crimes?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 01-12-2015 at 06:49 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    The destruction of Silk Road was a sad blow for liberty and active resistance to tyranny. As far as the case against Ulbricht it's real fishy imo. The evidence is weak he is even the founder. And the way they built the case is disturbing. The evidence they gathered without a warrant is being allowed because it was technically a foreign government that stole the evidence and gave it to the US gov. And they are presenting to the jury that he hired people to commit murder even though they aren't even charging him for that.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand