• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trial for alleged Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht begins tomorrow, 13 January

davidmcbeth

Banned
"Among the evidence jurors will hear is information about what prosecutors say is Ulbricht's role in six murder plots. A criminal complaint alleges that in March 2013, Ulbricht solicited a Silk Road user to carry out a murder plot in order to prevent the person from exposing the identities of Silk Road users. "

I want an ISP provider like that.

stealthyeliminator

I want an ISP provider like that.

:lol:

The prosecution is trying to set a very dangerous precedent here. I hope their case gets [edited] slapped.

If the guy did in fact conspire in a murder plot, then I'm not sure I can oppose a prosecution on that front... But is he actually being charged on that front, or is it only a story being used to damage his character in a trial charging him with unrelated crimes?

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

The destruction of Silk Road was a sad blow for liberty and active resistance to tyranny. As far as the case against Ulbricht it's real fishy imo. The evidence is weak he is even the founder. And the way they built the case is disturbing. The evidence they gathered without a warrant is being allowed because it was technically a foreign government that stole the evidence and gave it to the US gov. And they are presenting to the jury that he hired people to commit murder even though they aren't even charging him for that.