• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Old Friend get a New Look

ViperGTS19801

A great friend of mine has gotten into Cerakoting recently. He's always looking for folks who want to get a look at the color wheel, and here's the result of mine. :D

For a consultation or more info, go to Scorpion High Performance Coating's website, or call (610) 715-2895.

You can see all the holster wear from drilling and moving around.

readyforpaint2_zps1755c914.jpg

The rear sight's set screw was completely stripped, so we needed to drill it out before we could go to media blasting. I wanted a new set of sights anyway, so I didn't care if we just wrecked the sight in the process

drillingoutthesight_zpsc80b6eaa.jpg

Media blasting was fun, especially watching all the wear marks disappear right before my eyes.

AfterBlasting_zps99252cd2.jpg

Once it was ready for paint, it looked really nice. Bare, brushed stainless steel is a nice color.

readyforpaint_zps39cf7fc9.jpg

The finished product came out beautifully!

FinishedRear2_zps4c5e6918.jpg

FinishedFront2_zps6b9878e4.jpg

Finished_zps58fe337e.jpg

Scorpion High Performance Coatings. :)

ScorpionSlide_zps0cfda4ee.jpg

Rusty Young Man

Have the same grips on mine (the only plastic/rubber/polymer on it:p).
I prefer "plain" stainless myself, but your 1911 sure looks dressed up now.

What slide is that next to the Glock slide?