• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater OC Lunch at Thai Papaya in Newport News Jan 24th

hafnhaf

Tidewater OC Lunch at Thai Papaya in Newport News. Saturday, January 24th, 1PM.

Next to Michaels craft store, by Home Depot, on Jefferson Ave.

Come on out. They will make your meal as spicy (or not) as you like. Great food!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I think I will try to make it. No promises, but if you see me there you'll know I made it.

stay safe.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I plan to come. Lobby Day got knocked off my calendar by a family funeral, so I'll try to make sure this happens.

I'll put it on my calendar, and talk to the rest of the family and see who wants to come (one kid loves Thai, one doesn't).

Thanks for the reminder in the normal VA forum; I always forget about this sub-forum.

BlueSquid

My wife, the little one and I are going to try to be there. I know this was in part my idea, but our appointment at H&R Block happened to be Saturday, so it depends on what time that goes down and finishes. No promises but count us as an “intends to be there,” and keep an eye out for us! If not this time, next time for sure!

BlueSquid

I hope so! I really would like to go, things are looking good so far. But, being a military man, I never count on something being for sure until it's already 15 minutes into the evolution.

BlueSquid

Just to update, some of our tax forms haven't shown up yet so we rescheduled our appointment, we will be there! Plus a buddy of mine, who unfortunately will be a no carry participant. He has to keep his collection at a friends house because he lives on base, and is unable to retrieve them between now and tomorrow.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just to update, some of our tax forms haven't shown up yet so we rescheduled our appointment, we will be there! Plus a buddy of mine, who unfortunately will be a no carry participant. He has to keep his collection at a friends house because he lives on base, and is unable to retrieve them between now and tomorrow.

A good friend would consider loaning him one.

stay safe.

hafnhaf

squid, glad you and yours can make it. we should be there about 10 till one.

dr mark and skid: hope you both make it.

i will be bringing the betterhaf and a friend from work.

seeya!

BlueSquid

hafnhaf,

Thanks for organizing this.

Had a great time, really enjoyed chatting with everyone.

I second that! My wife and I absolutely loved the food. We'll definitely be returning, both on our own and hopefully for more frequent Tidewater meetups!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Met some wonderful new folks, even if one of them was "by invitation". Also renewed some old aquaintances. The floor show while bills were being settled was EPIC!

But the best part has got to have been the conversation with the owner. As usual, folks who come here from places where what we take as everyday freedoms are restricted/disallowed are possibly the best spokesmen (spokespersons?) for that whole Bill of Rights thing.

Hafnhaf - after you learn how to say pho without your better half thinking you are cussing you need to get out and try some. You can sneak up on the nuc mam like some folks sneak up on the heat of Thai food.

stay safe.

hafnhaf

yeah, that was fun! and tasty too!

met some nice folks, and a very cute baby. great food as usual. might have to do it again.

i guess i'm gonna have to try the saigon pearl up here in williamsburg. get me some fuuuuu! ;) betterhaf says i can go, but with my "girlfriend" (a mutual friend of ours), not her. maybe the waitress is available...