• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal Seminar with Meet & Greet

jskp229

Group,

THE LINK IS LIVE. GO REGISTER EARLY TO CONFIRM A SEAT.

Group - we have not met the min. yet. I pitched that the OC community is very interested in being current on the legal landscape. We are not living up to that yet. If they are going to take us seriously and have more of these along the front range, we need to get a turn out.

Please, if you want to see more of these, register for this one early this week. If not, they will pull the plug.

How about it guys (Since, Cloud, Half, all you others that used to come to the M&Gs.

Thanks & Hope to see all of you.

John

---------------------------------------------------

I have been able to get a commitment from US Law Shield to present to our group. Several of our front range OC friends are members of USLS including me. They are supportive of OC in their service. They have agreed to tune the presentation / discussion toward the challenges related to open carry (in addition to the normal & valuable legal education).

This is a test to see if there are enough of us interested. If there are, they indicated there can be additional future OC tuned seminars to give us updates over time. If I don't get a turn out, this may be the last one. They are not marketing this to the general public, only I am through our CO OC community. Also, to get the lawyer that was best versed (per USLS) in OC we had to move it a little later to accommodate his schedule (sorry about that, but I believe it will still be worth it).

This is also your chance to connect / reconnect with other OCers and also impact CCers that might also attend and show them we are normal (at least most of us :)) people. Who knows, we may be able to influence others and increase our ranks.

So, with that introduction, here it is...

What: US Law Shield Seminar & Castle Rock M&G
When: Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 5:30p - 8:30p
Where: 406 Jerry Street, Suite 100, Castle Rock, CO 80104 (Map Link)
Parking: On either Jerry or 4th streets and in the garage at 3rd & Jerry
Cost: $10.00 each payable during on-line registration
Register: GunLawSeminar.com (Look for the date & time under the Colorado seminars)

Note: The listing is live NOW. Everyone must pre-register on-line. If we do not hit a minimum threshold, they will cancel the seminar and it might be hard to get another for OC. Please register early if you intend to come.

Thanks & I hope to see a lot of old friends at this event.
JSKP229

Last edited:

SteveInCO

I followed the link but all I was able to find was a long list of every single seminar they are holding anywhere. After working my way through to page five (or was it six) on my slow connection, nothing matching your description was listed for Jan 31. They are holding a ton of events at the centennial gun club that day, and simultaneously at the Tanner gun show, but no event in Castle Rock that day.

Maybe I'm blind. [Doggone front sight disappears against a black background and limits me to three inch groups at five yards. Still within minute-of-bad-guy.] If so, I'll still suggest a more direct link would be useful.

[add--well I got past the fifth-page issue by actually following Step One, which I didn't spot the first time even though it's not black on black. But still, no event listed in Castle Rock.]

Last edited:

jskp229

It was only approved yesterday & I wanted to give everyone as much notice as possible. They said they will have it added in the next couple of days.

Please be patient & try again later this week.

Thanks.

jskp229

Guys,

I spoke to them this morning & even with all the people that are saying they are signing up, the numbers are still small. We have not hit the minimum & if I miss it, this was our chance to get OC focused seminar as a regular event for us.

Please come out & register for this. Let's get a good turnout for the local OC community. The cutoff they gave me to hit the threshold is this coming Friday.

Thanks,
JSKP229

SteveInCO

From looking at LawShield's web site, it looks like this is still scheduled, so apparently enough people signed up. "Bump"ing this as a reminder.

I don't know if they mind walk-ins at this point, or not.

Last edited:

jskp229

Sorry about MIA - work got in the way...

A quick update. The OC legal seminar is a go. We hit the minimum, but not much past. If you decide to come, please register today as I need a good count to get enough extra chairs. Www.gunlawseminar.com

That said, I'm a little disappointed with the poor showing of the OC community. This was requested for us. With the choices we make, we need to understand the laws better than most. With this rather weak attendance, I'm not sure we can get another one or a regular update in the future.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing those that show. See you Saturday. Walk-ins are accepted, but preregister (even tonight) would be appreciated. I have to pick up some extra chairs & that will be based on the projected attendance.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Yes...tell me about being "a little disappointed with the poor showing of the OC community."

;-)

I'm referring to OCers AND CCers here in The Great State of Colorado, of course (other states may differ).

338 views of this post though...if that counts for anything (yeah, I know & agree -- it doesn't).

Last edited:

jskp229

Cloud ( & those who may feel I'm MIA),

I haven't been around much in the OC activities as I have been in survival mode. That said while speaking with USLS, I thought our community would benefit from the education opportunity. I also pitched that we as group in general are much more aware of the laws and consequences because of our choices that a lot in the gun community and definitely the public at large. Maybe I set unreal expectations with them, but I felt we could really use a discussion like this.

My disappointment stems from the significant feedback I have receive when I first proposed this and following the announcement via email & FB. If everyone that responded to me actually signed up, we would have 60 people, with a room cap of about 40. As of this morning we have an official registration of 16. We may get walk-ins, and that would be welcome, but 16 is a far cry from 60 (or 40). Regardless, I expect the 16 (or whatever) will make for an interesting discussion and maybe we can have another some time in the future - who knows.

I apologize if I have not extended direct invitations to those of you I know face to face, but as I said, I'm in crazed survival mode. Hopefully you will forgive me and join us to make the event a bigger success by your contributions.

BTW, for those coming, parking is on the street around the building or at the corner of Jerry & 3rd is a multi-story parking garage a block away.

Thanks & I hope to reconnect with many of you tomorrow.

(OC Welcome here!)

JSKP229

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
No, "direct invitations" weren't any consideration at all. Rather, I was referring to how many people regularly attended my OC events. While you have "only" 16 attendees (signed-up so far) for this particular event ("seminar" if you will) -- even though it's not as many as you'd like -- if I had ever had 16 attend one of my OC events, that would have been a record (and would have equaled the most I had show up at my yearly Christmas OC events in ABQ/Rio Rancho, NM). Your goal of 60 attendees would have been outstanding. Even 40 would.

So it's all relative I guess.

Good luck to you in your efforts on this seminar as well as your personal business endeavors...

Last edited:

zach

I've been extremely busy with work and haven't even checked in here in a while. Sorry I missed this.

Would there ever be a time to get this type of event advertised on the radio?

jskp229

No on the radio as I requested this for our group. I would have to pay for it & I was hosting this for free.

We may try another closer to late spring / early summer.

I'll post here if we try again.