Thread: NY Jets RB Chris Johnson arrested on open carry charges in Orlando

United States

NY Jets RB Chris Johnson arrested on open carry charges in Orlando

ets running back Chris Johnson was arrested after a Florida cop saw the handle of a gun between the running back’s feet during a traffic stop, police said Saturday.

Johnson, 29, was pulled over around 8:55 p.m. Friday by Orlando police after the athlete failed to come to a halt at a stop sign, cops said.

That’s when the cop saw the weapon.

Johnson has a license to carry a weapon in Florida, but was arrested because he was doing so openly, according to ProFootballTalk.

He was charged with open carrying of a firearm, a second-degree misdemeanor.

Marion County, FL
    If the gun was snapped in a holster, there was no violation of the open carry ban whether or not licensed, I assume it wasn't. One thing is for sure, I can sleep sounder tonight knowing he was charged with an unconstitutional "law". What a brave officer, risking his life for mine!

The funniest thing is that in most states this would have been considered concealed carry! Ah, the state. What a retarded, wicked, and completely despicable institution!
    Last edited by 77zach; 01-14-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.