• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Jets RB Chris Johnson arrested on open carry charges in Orlando

Adrich86

ets running back Chris Johnson was arrested after a Florida cop saw the handle of a gun between the running back’s feet during a traffic stop, police said Saturday.

Johnson, 29, was pulled over around 8:55 p.m. Friday by Orlando police after the athlete failed to come to a halt at a stop sign, cops said.

That’s when the cop saw the weapon.

Johnson has a license to carry a weapon in Florida, but was arrested because he was doing so openly, according to ProFootballTalk.

He was charged with open carrying of a firearm, a second-degree misdemeanor.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-rb-chris-johnson-arrested-gun-charges-orlando-article-1.2073166

77zach

If the gun was snapped in a holster, there was no violation of the open carry ban whether or not licensed, I assume it wasn't. One thing is for sure, I can sleep sounder tonight knowing he was charged with an unconstitutional "law". What a brave officer, risking his life for mine!

The funniest thing is that in most states this would have been considered concealed carry! Ah, the state. What a retarded, wicked, and completely despicable institution!

Last edited: