Thread: Saw Fury today

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar

Saw Fury today

I had to see Fury on the big screen before its gone! Not as intense as Saving Private Ryan. The Omaha Beach landing in that movie was gut wrenching.

Looking forward to seeing Unbroken soon.

I am glad to see more movies being made about "The Greatest Generation" lest we forget history and repeat it. Chamberlin and Hitler then and now Obama and the terrorist jihad.

Looking forward to seeing American Sniper too. More emphases on the heroes of the War on Terror vs the vilification and scorn for those who have protected us since 9/11.
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereigntyOrDeath View Post
    [ ... ]I am glad to see more movies being made about "The Greatest Generation" lest we forget history and repeat it. Chamberlin and Hitler then and now Obama and the terrorist jihad. [ ... ][my emphasis]
    History is written by the victors, and we are the minority and not the victors, not in progressive America and not in the world.

The member of the greatest generation that doomed us to repeat the past was Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás, 'George Santayana' (1863 - 1952) an American, in his 1905 The Life of Reason, Vol. I, Reason in Common Sense,
    Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. [my emphasis]
    http://www.gutenberg.org/author/George+Santayana
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It has been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

A friend of mine (USNA graduate who was shot down, KIA in Nam) wrote a letter before he died to his young son. In it he said, “I don’t want my sons to fight a war I should have fought."

No Bill, they didn't fight the same war, but you did buy them time so that they could fight the next. One of his sons became a naval aviator.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Soon most of the decisive battles will be done via drones & robots -- then either elimination of people will be easy or enslavement of the population.

Just my guess as to the future of warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Soon most of the decisive battles will be done via drones & robots -- then either elimination of people will be easy or enslavement of the population.

Just my guess as to the future of warfare.
    Embracing, sucking up to The Poverty of Historicism
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    History is written by the victors...
    Not any more. These days, history is written by everyone.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Not any more. These days, history is written by everyone.
    At least when it was written by the victors, you knew it was bullcrap, no matter which side you were on.

Now that it's written by a "majority," it's a lot harder to know which part is bullcrap.
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-20-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip