Thread: EU forum needed. Europe’s Leading Rabbi: Jews Must Begin Carrying Guns.

EU forum needed. Europe’s Leading Rabbi: Jews Must Begin Carrying Guns.

Top Jewish org petitions EU to permit Jews to carry guns One of Europe’s most prominent Jewish organizations is petitioning the European Union to pass new legislation that would permit Jewish community members to carry guns “for the essential protection of their communities,” according to a letter obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The European Jewish Association (EJA), which represents Jewish communities across Europe, says that gun license laws must be altered following a string of deadly attacks on Jews in France and other European countries, where anti-Semitism has been growing at an alarming rate.
    [ ... ]
    Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, said that while guns could help Jews defend themselves against an individual attack, only authorities can protect them against a mass attack like those carried out in France.

“As to personally being armed, such a move could help when a Jewish person is threatened by thugs, but won’t help if G-d forbid, Charlie-type terror attacks are launched,” Cooper said. “Bottom line: Only the Police and intelligence can protect France’s Jews from terrorism,” Cooper said, noting that it is expected French authorities will continue boosting defenses. “If the government doesn’t, then there is no long range future for Jews there.” “In the meantime, additional steps by the community to train and defend Jews from hate attacks are appropriate, necessary, and prudent,” Cooper said. “I pray that all these steps will help.”

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...carrying-guns/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dDPBuXqgUZ86t9M

Aleikhem shalom
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It'd be interesting to see that many DE .357's and .50's being carried in public.

It's really frightening to see someone from that organization out front selling tickets to the showers.

Sure, some are going to die. But I guess he never heard of "But if it saves just one child".

I guess he's been swallowing blue pills only, just like pretty much the rest of the EU.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    I don't know about the rest of Europe but I lived in the UK for years and there is about as much chance of them allowing any citizen to carry firearms as there is California becoming Constitutional Carry or Obama joining the Tea Party. left-wing cesspool. Even the 'Conservative' Party is fairly pro EU
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Campaign Veteran
    ...and the parties that aren't liberal are called radical Nationalists or neo-Nazis. Conservative can't win for losing in the EU...

And aside from not letting its citizens defend themselves individually, the EU probably couldn't defend itself collectively from any attack from Russia, not because they don't have the equipment, but because they don't have any will to fight, so most of the EU countries would fold shortly. I assume SOME would give good account of themselves...MAYBE liberal Finland would do well against the Russians -- as well as they did the first time (in the Winter War, 1939-40).

But most EU countries wouldn't. I mean really, how long would Italy last? ;-)

Ciao, Baby...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 01-16-2015 at 02:01 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Banned
    Sure, but would they have to have large yellow stars sewn into their clothing to ID themselves?

That's what they want here for US citizens basically. IMO

Judenstern, from the Thirteenth Century Fourth Lateran Council of Pope Innocent III that also marked Saracens as non-Christians. I believe King Lear's Shylock was required to wear a red cap.

LOL you mean your CC badge?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-15-2015 at 05:43 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    It has always amazed and confused me that the Jewish people, considering their history of persecution, would not have greater support for the use of self defense.
    While it is (technically) a "war zone", Israel has the right idea with all the people getting some military training at some point in their lives. Many continue and join the military while others don't. That is why I am so confused by both those Jews in Europe and, even more so, here in the U.S. With our history of self-reliance and independence, why do so many Jews over here continue to vote for politicians that continue to seek to subjugate their constituents?
    I hate to say it because it is not politically correct on so many points, but since around 1200 the Jews have been waiting for Elijah (an angel of God) to come and usher in the restoration of the kingdom of Israel. It has grown over the centuries into an ecclesiastical article of faith that any interference with the coming of Elijah and God's restoration of the kingdom of Israel is apostasy. Jews are told to suffer until Israel is redeemed.

It's not voting for folks that subjugate their constituents. It's a perversion of the concept of "The Chosen People". They see themselves as chosen by God and their suffering is a testament to show their devotion. Other interpretations of "The Chosen People" are that they are the ones that chose God from among all the other options available. In that version they strap up and kill off their enemies and anybody else that does not also "choose" God. Strange that the Old Teestament is full of tales of that side of the coin.

Enough of the Comparative Religions chapter on Judaism.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit