Thread: Another MD commie story about children and parenting

Banned

Another MD commie story about children and parenting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...ddc_story.html

The Meitivs say that on Dec. 20, a CPS worker required Alexander to sign a safety plan pledging he would not leave his children unsupervised until the following Monday, when CPS would follow up. At first he refused, saying he needed to talk to a lawyer, his wife said, but changed his mind when he was told his children would be removed if he did not comply.

Aside from the guy being the biggest whoosie in the world (he's afraid of climate lol) ... he should have said "get off my land" and after they start continuing to threaten them and place them under arrest! Surprise motherpucker!

I would not need to talk to a lawyer...jeez, you don't need to talk to a lawyer to know you have the right to breath...

Who remembers when your mother used to kick you out of the house?

And here's a clue for this moron who signed something w/o his lawyer reviewing it ... any contract that is fair? The other party will always let your attny look at it....those that are not fair? Not so much.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Danielle [father] is a climate-science consultant, and Alexander [mother] is a physicist at the National Institutes of Health.

The Meitivs say they believe in “free-range” parenting, a movement that has been a counterpoint to the hyper-vigilance of “helicopter” parenting, with the idea that children learn self-reliance by being allowed to progressively test limits, make choices and venture out in the world.
    I'm trying to distill this.....

My child plays with guns, so what do I know.

...free-range parenting.

This alone should give CPS a clue as to the parents ability to adequately supervise their kids. These folks live in MD! Hell-O...clue! Other states may be a wee bit less nanny ninnies.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Free range parenting...... Is that like the chickens I eat?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Kinda, accept you don't get to eat the parents or the children.

http://www.freerangekids.com/

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/featu...ange-parenting

http://www.familycircle.com/teen/par...nge-parenting/

Now, before we all get worked up, did any of those bureaucrats think back to their childhood and recall that they were wandering the countryside without their parents know where they were? As long as their butt was home by dark, no harm no foul. My mom and dad had that rule and stay outta any real trouble (as in trouble with the law).
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    To be classified as free range a chicken must be able to go outside, not that they must go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    To be classified as free range a chicken must be able to go outside, not that they must go outside.
    I did not know that.

As I recall, the barnyard chickens from my childhood all wanted to be in the coop about sunset. I just had to make sure the chicken-yard gate was shut and latched.

My uncle kept a 10 ga. long-barrel behind the door and, if the chickens started squawking, would let a round or two off in the general direction of the coop. Pretty often he'd get a coyote that way.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Now, before we all get worked up, did any of those bureaucrats think back to their childhood and recall that they were wandering the countryside without their parents know where they were? As long as their butt was home by dark, no harm no foul. My mom and dad had that rule and stay outta any real trouble (as in trouble with the law).
    I was always late for supper. When you did get home what dinner was left was cold. I became a connoisseur of peanut butter jelly sandwiches. And am to this day.

Being gone all day with the 22 rifle was no issue. And that was with 22 short ammo.

There's nothing that I can say about CPS pushing the limits of their authority that doesn't break forum rules.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.