Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 23rd Annual Vigil and Advocacy Day

23rd Annual Vigil and Advocacy Day

Which will you attend

or

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Geeeeese....Glad I read to the bottom of the page. I started to look up the price of tar and feathers on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Geeeeese....Glad I read to the bottom of the page. I started to look up the price of tar and feathers on Amazon
    lol

just wanted to let the folks here know that the antis are organizing too!!

Need someone to brace Del Scott Surovell

This from Del Scott Surovell:

"Gun rights advocates are expected to push for lifetime concealed weapons permits and reciprocity among states for concealed weapons permits so that if people are denied a Virginia concealed weapons permit, they can get one in another state to use here."

Could someone going to Lobby Day nail this lying buffoon for me? I'd do it, but I have chemotherapy scheduled (much rather go to Lobby Day!!).

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaGunTrader View Post
    Which will you attend

or

Now listed in order of importance - gotta keep our priorities straight.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

You have to admit, the anti's have a prettier looking flyer...

and why do you guys want to 'food the building'?

Food-fight in the General Assembly Building?

Seriously - good luck on Monday to you all.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

I can't make it this year, but it sounds like there will be a lot of other folks exploiting the memory of MLKjr walking around with you.

I'm sure most of our supporters will have their blaze-orange GSL stickers, but I really wish there was a way to widely distribute and display a tag with this quote from MKLjr:

Violence exercised merely in self-defense, all societies, from the most primitive to the most cultured and civilized, accept as moral and legal. The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.

I'd bet that 99 out of 100 of those "other guys" would be shocked to learn he said that. ETA: AND that he applied for, but was denied a carry permit, due to the racist gun control laws imposed to keep minorities disarmed!

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 01-16-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Really annoyed that I will not be able to attend this year due to work obligations. Go get 'em fellas.
    Last edited by builtjeep; 01-17-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Did you know VCDL is an extremist group?

Who knew?

Emily Miller Speaking At Extremist Gun Group's Rally On MLK Day
    Emily Miller, the chief investigative reporter for Washington, D.C.'s Fox affiliate WTTG, is scheduled to speak at a rally organized by Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), a far-right pro-gun group. VCDL has previously published racially charged content in its newsletter and suggested violent action against the government may be an "option" for gun advocates.

Miller, who is a frequent source of conservative misinformation about gun violence, is scheduled to speak at a VCDL capitol grounds rally, according to the group's press release. Miller will share the stage with gun extremist Larry Pratt, who leads the far-right Gun Owners of America organization. Pratt is one of the founders of the militia movement of the 1990s and was forced to leave Pat Buchanan's 1996 presidential campaign after it was revealed he had spoken before white supremacist groups. Pratt has made headlines for his repeated insistence that politicians should have a "healthy fear" of being shot by one of GOA's supporters.

VCDL has also expressed extreme positions on gun regulation. During an April 2013 appearance on The Daily Show, VCDL president Philip Van Cleave said of background checks on gun sales, "We don't do background checks for the First Amendment."
    Extreme positions!

Sounds like sexual perversions or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Who knew?

VCDL has previously published racially charged content in its newsletter and suggested violent action against the government may be an "option" for gun advocates.
    Extreme positions!

Wow, where's the line for libel?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Who knew?

Extreme positions!

Yeah, that same article says we republished an item in 2011 that was racist, therefore we're racist. Actually, after reading that piece, I felt I needed a shower.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Damn...I may even pay last year's dues now.

Who knew?

Extreme positions!

Damn...I may even pay last year's dues now.
    Relax Peter, VCDL isn't the Bohemian Club

I'm always curious as to these rallies. I'm on the Capitol Grounds right now. The bell tower is not accessible due to a "suspicious" package. The rally is being held on the opposite end of the Capitol Grounds. I'm trying to ascertain if they were bussed here.
    Last edited by T Dubya; 01-19-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Capitalization
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    I'm always curious as to these rallies. I'm on the Capitol Grounds right now. The bell tower is not accessible due to a "suspicious" package. The rally is being held on the opposite end of the Capitol Grounds. I'm trying to ascertain if they were bussed here.
    I was riding through there just after 2pm. Couldnt get close to the place, police had the whole area blocked off.

This is the package TD...Goddard was hopping around like someone had just whizzed in his Wheaties.

This is the package TD...Goddard was hopping around like someone had just whizzed in his Wheaties.

I put 2 and 2 together. A "suspicious" package. Just before an Anti rally. Yeah, ok.

The conversations I overheard from those Antis, just unreal. Every year I hear the same thing

"I'm a gun owner but............"
    "I'm an NRA member,but......."

Overheard a new one: "The pistols ALLOWED by the 2nd Amendment are only smoothbore."

In related news our Attorney General is an absolute P.O.S.
    You know I give a Litmus Test to anyone that supposedly wants to put a stop to "gun violence." What's there stance on drugs. I'm confident that I have seen more people shot than just about anyone on this forum. Unless you're an ER worker or a combat medic you probably have not seen as many people shot as me. I don't know 50, maybe 60. I've lost count. Here's the thing though, it's that there almost always in the same neighborhoods on the same streets having to do most likely over the same thing, drugs. If someone really cares about violence then they will have to take a hard look on the illegal drug trade. If the history of the world has taught us anything is that even with the penalty of death, people are still going to get high, but the Antis are not seeing it that way.

I rode up 9th this morning about 0830 and I saw the Orange Stickers. I wanted to get a feel for who showed up. The Antis outnumbered ya'll big time. Probably helped that they bussed them in from NOVA.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

That looks suspiciously similar to a package once thought to have been placed by James River Taliban (or some such name).

(One of the benefits of alzheimer's is that long-term memory gets better and better. )

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The Antis, I don't know where or how they get their money, but they got plenty of it. They outnumbered ya'll big time. I say ya'll because like so many other activists I don't want to be a part of the AR/AK pistol carriers. I checked ya'll out about 0830 this morning and I wasn't at all impressed with the turnout, the Antis however was a large turnout, even though they were mostly bussed in from Northern Virginia there were a lot of them there. I talked to the Bus Drivers and they confirmed they were from NOVA.

thats just a drop in the bucket to what Bloomberg and his money could do. He could have thousands at lobby day compared to our hundreds. With all the gun owners in Va there should be thousands of us there!!!!!

here's the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandAction

Took images of both rallies Td and while the antis did have more than normal, VCDL out numbered them by a fair margin.

I agree....though the pictures didn't capture everyone gathered at the steps, the VCDL crowd "appeared" to be larger. We were heading to the car when the busses pulled up and I thought it was my imagination that one of them almost tried to run me over.....in hindsight, maybe it wasn't my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    I agree....though the pictures didn't capture everyone gathered at the steps, the VCDL crowd "appeared" to be larger. We were heading to the car when the busses pulled up and I thought it was my imagination that one of them almost tried to run me over.....in hindsight, maybe it wasn't my imagination.
    If they didn't run you over, how would they get a gun in the streets? Once it hits the pavement it animates and goes searching for nuns giving a birthday party for blind orphans, killing them in such a way that blood runs knee-deep in the streets. (But given Richmond's storm sewer system that's really not all that hard.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

lol

Overheard a new one: "The pistols ALLOWED by the 2nd Amendment are only smoothbore."
    Oooh, I like this one. Considering that smoothbore pistols are Title II weapons, let's see if we can make it stick, then use it to overturn the NFA

I rode up 9th this morning about 0830 and I saw the Orange Stickers. I wanted to get a feel for who showed up. The Antis outnumbered ya'll big time.
    Uh... at 8:30, most of us were in the GAB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast