• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

23rd Annual Vigil and Advocacy Day

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Geeeeese....Glad I read to the bottom of the page. I started to look up the price of tar and feathers on Amazon:eek:

AtackDuck

Need someone to brace Del Scott Surovell

This from Del Scott Surovell:

"Gun rights advocates are expected to push for lifetime concealed weapons permits and reciprocity among states for concealed weapons permits so that if people are denied a Virginia concealed weapons permit, they can get one in another state to use here."

Could someone going to Lobby Day nail this lying buffoon for me? I'd do it, but I have chemotherapy scheduled (much rather go to Lobby Day!!).

ak56

Campaign Veteran
You have to admit, the anti's have a prettier looking flyer...

and why do you guys want to 'food the building'?:confused:

Food-fight in the General Assembly Building?:)

Seriously - good luck on Monday to you all.

TFred

I can't make it this year, but it sounds like there will be a lot of other folks exploiting the memory of MLKjr walking around with you.

I'm sure most of our supporters will have their blaze-orange GSL stickers, but I really wish there was a way to widely distribute and display a tag with this quote from MKLjr:

Violence exercised merely in self-defense, all societies, from the most primitive to the most cultured and civilized, accept as moral and legal. The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.​

I'd bet that 99 out of 100 of those "other guys" would be shocked to learn he said that. ETA: AND that he applied for, but was denied a carry permit, due to the racist gun control laws imposed to keep minorities disarmed!

TFred

Last edited:

Repeater

Did you know VCDL is an extremist group?

Who knew?

Emily Miller Speaking At Extremist Gun Group's Rally On MLK Day
Emily Miller, the chief investigative reporter for Washington, D.C.'s Fox affiliate WTTG, is scheduled to speak at a rally organized by Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), a far-right pro-gun group. VCDL has previously published racially charged content in its newsletter and suggested violent action against the government may be an "option" for gun advocates.

Miller, who is a frequent source of conservative misinformation about gun violence, is scheduled to speak at a VCDL capitol grounds rally, according to the group's press release. Miller will share the stage with gun extremist Larry Pratt, who leads the far-right Gun Owners of America organization. Pratt is one of the founders of the militia movement of the 1990s and was forced to leave Pat Buchanan's 1996 presidential campaign after it was revealed he had spoken before white supremacist groups. Pratt has made headlines for his repeated insistence that politicians should have a "healthy fear" of being shot by one of GOA's supporters.

VCDL has also expressed extreme positions on gun regulation. During an April 2013 appearance on The Daily Show, VCDL president Philip Van Cleave said of background checks on gun sales, "We don't do background checks for the First Amendment."

Extreme positions!

Sounds like sexual perversions or something.

TFred

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I'm always curious as to these rallies. I'm on the Capitol Grounds right now. The bell tower is not accessible due to a "suspicious" package. The rally is being held on the opposite end of the Capitol Grounds. I'm trying to ascertain if they were bussed here.

Last edited:

VaGunTrader

I'm always curious as to these rallies. I'm on the Capitol Grounds right now. The bell tower is not accessible due to a "suspicious" package. The rally is being held on the opposite end of the Capitol Grounds. I'm trying to ascertain if they were bussed here.

I was riding through there just after 2pm. Couldnt get close to the place, police had the whole area blocked off.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

This is the package TD...Goddard was hopping around like someone had just whizzed in his Wheaties.

B49ue3E.png

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
This is the package TD...Goddard was hopping around like someone had just whizzed in his Wheaties.

B49ue3E.png

I put 2 and 2 together. A "suspicious" package. Just before an Anti rally. Yeah, ok.

The conversations I overheard from those Antis, just unreal. Every year I hear the same thing

"I'm a gun owner but............"
"I'm an NRA member,but......."

Overheard a new one: "The pistols ALLOWED by the 2nd Amendment are only smoothbore."

In related news our Attorney General is an absolute P.O.S.
You know I give a Litmus Test to anyone that supposedly wants to put a stop to "gun violence." What's there stance on drugs. I'm confident that I have seen more people shot than just about anyone on this forum. Unless you're an ER worker or a combat medic you probably have not seen as many people shot as me. I don't know 50, maybe 60. I've lost count. Here's the thing though, it's that there almost always in the same neighborhoods on the same streets having to do most likely over the same thing, drugs. If someone really cares about violence then they will have to take a hard look on the illegal drug trade. If the history of the world has taught us anything is that even with the penalty of death, people are still going to get high, but the Antis are not seeing it that way.

I rode up 9th this morning about 0830 and I saw the Orange Stickers. I wanted to get a feel for who showed up. The Antis outnumbered ya'll big time. Probably helped that they bussed them in from NOVA.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

B49ue3E.png

That looks suspiciously similar to a package once thought to have been placed by James River Taliban (or some such name).

(One of the benefits of alzheimer's is that long-term memory gets better and better. :D )

stay safe.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
The Antis, I don't know where or how they get their money, but they got plenty of it. They outnumbered ya'll big time. I say ya'll because like so many other activists I don't want to be a part of the AR/AK pistol carriers. I checked ya'll out about 0830 this morning and I wasn't at all impressed with the turnout, the Antis however was a large turnout, even though they were mostly bussed in from Northern Virginia there were a lot of them there. I talked to the Bus Drivers and they confirmed they were from NOVA.