• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick Saslaw Town Hall 1/17/2015 - OC allowed, for once

grylnsmn

I just got an email with an invite to this event. The location is, for once, not carry restricted. I would make it myself, but I'm already committed to replacing a friend's alternator at 9:30am. If anyone else can make it, it would be great for Dick to see that some of us still believe in and exercise our freedoms.

Legislative Town Hall Meeting

Please Join

Senator Dick Saslaw
(Senate Democratic Leader, D-35th District)

&

Delegate Marcus Simon
(D-53rd District)

Saturday, January 17, 2015
10:00AM

Falls Church Community Center
223 Little Falls Street
Falls Church, VA​

TFred

Apparently it's a city-owned facility, which means it would be illegal for them to prohibit carry there.

Interesting note, however, one of the bullet points on the webpage:

Preschool

The Community Center offers preschool in a bright and stimulating room designed and furnished specifically for young children. Preschoolers ages 5 and under are entertained and educated by dedicated staff members.

I wonder if the meeting organizers believe that a preschool falls under the prohibition to carry on school property?

If so, someone is in for a rude awakening...

TFred

Repeater

Will Dick discuss the embezzlement scheme?

Seems Saslaw can't manage his own finances -- $600,000 is missing from his campaign chest:

More than $600,000 stolen from campaign account of Virginia Democrat Saslaw
One of Virginia’s most veteran legislators, Saslaw joined the General Assembly as a delegate in 1976 and moved up to the Senate four years later. He said he was floored when the FBI alerted him to the six-figure theft.

“You can’t believe how stunned I was,” he said. “You think it can only happen to other people.”

Who would do this?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
“You can’t believe how stunned I was,” he said. “You think it can only happen to other people.” "Why, it was all I could do to play the first cords of Deliverance on my banjo!" :banana:

I near spit coffee on that one

Ah Days gone by:
banjo-dick-4-web.jpg

Or the money could have gone elsewhere

sam-1.jpg