Thread: Good police officer, punished, sues

Good police officer, punished, sues

“Where are all the good cops?” Critics of police brutality and abuse of power often wonder this – sometimes aloud, often on social media. But there is an answer to that question – it’s not purely rhetorical – the “good cops” are driven out of work by the bad cops.

Far from being “a few bad apples,” Detective Joseph Crystal of the Baltimore Police Department says that he was targeted by other officers for trying to root out corruption.
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...areer-is-done/

This is just another isolated incident.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Good Cop Files Lawsuit Against Corrupt Department That Told Him ‘If you snitch, your career is done’ from link above

He grew up in a law enforcement family .... he should have known better then.

Thin Blue Line?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good-cop.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	12336  
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Centurion
    IF the retribution he refers to is accurately reported then his claim that 98-99% of the cops are "good" is very suspect in my mind! All those involved in this treatment he has filed suit about are "bad cops"!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-19-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

He is lying, ask any cop.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The young man seems honest and sincere. Sometimes doing the right thing cost a high price. I hope he is awarded a decent settlement and that the so called bad cops are exposed...

My .02

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    The young man seems honest and sincere. Sometimes doing the right thing cost a high price. I hope he is awarded a decent settlement and that the so called bad cops are exposed...

My .02

CCJ
    Spot on Joe!
    +1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Good Cop Files Lawsuit Against Corrupt Department That Told Him ‘If you snitch, your career is done’ from link above

He grew up in a law enforcement family .... he should have known better then.
    So you're saying whenever anyone encounters corruption they should look the other way?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    So you're saying whenever anyone encounters corruption they should look the other way?

If they are a cop and they want to keep their job and ensure their safety from co-workers...............................

YES!
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 01-20-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Baltimore cops reaction to allegations...
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-20-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump