• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Miami Cops Shoot Mugshots of Blacks for Target Practice - Snipers trained with photos

Augustin

I trust that this article won't be labeled as cop bashing. It does have to do with the responsible use of firearms, besides it is so egregious that it needs to go viral.

"Miami Cops Shoot Mugshots of Blacks for Target Practice - Snipers trained with photos of real people

by Adan Salazar | Infowars.com | January 16, 2015

North Miami Beach Police sparked outrage after it was revealed they used mug shots of former felons as target practice, infuriating the South Florida family of one of the men whose picture was shot up.

Last Saturday, Florida Army National Guard Sgt. Valerie Deant and other guardsmen arrived at a shooting range in Medley for weapons qualifications training.

To her dismay, Deant found the people who had previously used the range, North Miami Beach Police Department snipers, had been firing at old mug shots, six of which featured black men."

For full article and video:

http://www.infowars.com/miami-cops-shoot-mugshots-of-blacks-for-target-practice/

And the article includes a paragraph about DHS's use of "No More Hesitation" targets to train their goons to shoot at law-abiding people who are doing m=nothing more than exercising their right to keep and bear their guns in the privacy of their own homes.

"In February 2013, we reported on a company that was producing “realistic” “No More Hesitation” targets featuring images of pregnant women, elderly people and children, all of whom were pictured holding guns, ostensibly “designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.”

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Agustin,

Well, if the article doesn't cop-bash, you'd make up for it, so that's okay. But really, don't be so mysterious: Put your location in the left margin like the rest of us. Nothing to be afraid of...we're all friends here, right?;-)

As for mugshots being used as targets, IF targets HAVE to be people's mugshots down there in Florida (which I don't get, but just for the sake of "debate" here), then which race SHOULD they represent? White? Asian? Hispanic? Black? American Indian (if this were the 1870s)? Or Middle Eastern mugshots/pics of Osama, since we presently deal with the so-called War on Terror (what a joke)? I remember targets featuring Yasir Arafat's face some years back. Palestinians would probably be using targets with Ariel Sharon or Meacham Begin on them. Is that offensive to both Palestinians and Jews?

As long a group of targets correctly represent the proportional crime statistics (meaning, which ethnic group is responsible for x-percent of crime) then why would anyone have problem with it? So in that case, out of 10 targets let's say, you have x-number of white, x-number of Hispanic, x-number of black and so on -- the % based on a particular ethnic group's involvement (or lack thereof) in crime statistics -- just to be fair AND correct. To be ALL of one race would be wrong. Besides, we DO want to reach out to liberals in America nowadays and embrace diversity, yes?

Although it's true that the very same statistics can be argued for or against something, statics are supposed to be taken from facts (real and documented events) regardless. You can't make up events that do NOT happen, or change the races involved as that ALSO would be untrue. Consequently, it's just reality and nothing racist about statistics, is there? As long as they are factual?

As I keep saying, facts just be facts, no more. How can NUMBERS be racist?

As for using kids, pregnant women, ice-cream sellers, and dancing monkeys (organ grinder) images as targets (so-called "Hesitation Targets"), I don't think they should be used by themselves, but rather used in addition with someone ELSE in the target, such as some criminal/terrorist holding a gun to their heads, (or the monkey's head too, to be fair and inclusive), and then the target shooter has to hit the criminal without hitting the innocent hostage. And these targets require a higher level of marksmanship (sadly lacking nowadays with LEOs and our military as well). But those "hostage targets" have been around for DECADES.

Yet even then we'd be back to Square One: What would/should be the race/ethnic group or clothing of the criminal/terrorist hostage-taker if depicted on a target?

Is a target showing someone wearing a keffiyeh (but one can't tell the race of the wearer, could be a white guy) an insult to all Middle Eastern people? Or now that we have female bombers, a target with someone wearing a Burqa (could be ANYONE under it -- male, female and/or of any ethnic group) -- but a Burqua would have ANYONE assuming it's someone from a repressive Islamic country like Afghanistan, yes? Is that fair? Or maybe a target of an Afghani/Iraqi woman NOT wearing a Burqua (they've been bombers, too)? How about kid bombers? Or dog bombers. Or a "dark figure" wearing a hoodie? Would that offend blacks? Why? Isn't it a fact that hoodies are the clothing-of-choice in Stop & Robs, no matter who is wearing them?

So what do you do if you want "realistic" targets? How do you NOT offend anyone?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
How many black people have I spoken to about their RKBA and how it is important to their group? Thousands. Most still fear the cops and are willing to submit to the gov't oppression of their rights.

I wonder why?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
David,

Then they need to be VOCAL about it...don't hear anything from them on that. Same as the so-called "good Muslims" -- nothing. Or even the cops: The "good cops" not standing against their "bad cops" no matter what they do (not to mention Police Chiefs not getting tough on their own, either). At best, mere lip-service only from all these groups.

So I'm concerned about cops, too, more so than criminals (but probably for different reasons). At least criminals and I are on the same page: Violence being used to commit crime, violence being used to prevent it. We're both "happy" with that. ;-)

Happiness is a warm gun. -- The Beatles

It's just that my FIRST response to a "questionable" officer-involved-shooting is NOT engaging cop-bashing -- especially with few facts initially provided ("breaking news" errors & misinformation) by the often wrong and/or Yellow Journalism (still, and brought to your doorstep since 1898) news media.

Last edited:

Kopis

First off, whoever approved/did this is mentally incompetent this day and age to do something like this. You KNOW it will get out and there will be a shitstorm about it.

However, the news is of course misleading the masses since they did have white AND black targets. They probably had them taped behind civilian targets to practice shooting the bad guy or something.

davidmcbeth

Banned
First off, whoever approved/did this is mentally incompetent this day and age to do something like this. You KNOW it will get out and there will be a shitstorm about it.

However, the news is of course misleading the masses since they did have white AND black targets. They probably had them taped behind civilian targets to practice shooting the bad guy or something.

But the white targets were the "good guys" and were not supposed to be shot?

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
This falls back to "intent". Are these people a bunch of documented racists with a past history? Were they trying to liven up a boring training day and using the targets as recognition training?

I do this all the time and have for the last forty some years. You have to do range time, so incorporate visuals to the mix. I never shoot at a sitting potus or other things that I, personally, are not comfortable with. I have been known to have targets of my ex wives, jane fonda, and a lot of others that have just peed me off. Am I going to go out and shoot these folks? Be serious. I see no evil intent, just PC panties in a wad.