• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

idaho man shoots home intruder who was armed with machette -video

HPmatt

Guy should have more of a door on his apartment than cardboard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick9

He'll be upgrading to a balsawood door after that incident. Love how he eases over and puts the chain on as an afterthought.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
The door appeared to be an INTERIOR door, not designed for use as EXTERIOR door. Maybe the landlord cheaped-out on construction as interior doors cost way less than exterior doors.

Interior doors are very much like what you saw in the video: Usually just 2 layers (1 front and 1 back) of very thin luan plywood on a door frame and hollow inside.

They're often called "hollow-core doors" vs. "solid-core doors" used for external/outside wall doors. You aren't kicking through a solid-core door easily...the lock/door jamb would go first.

At least the "victims" let the guy come into the room and identified the target rather than just blindly shooting through the door (not a good idea even if you're SURE who is on the other side). Plus, with the assailant THAT close, he certainly was "a clear and present danger."

Good shoot.

Whatever, the landlord will have to replace the "cardboard" door NOW, won't he...

They just don't build doors like they used to. I had to use an axe. -- Jack Torrance

Last edited: