Thread: H.R.402 - To amend title 18

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar

H.R.402 - To amend title 18

H.R.402 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...house-bill/402
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

As of 01/18/2015 text has not been received for H.R.402 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...l/402/all-info
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

National carry or national forced resciprocity scares the snot out of me.

It's bad enough that each of the 57 states makes their own rules that do not play very nicely with the rules of all the other states. But at least one state cannot completely wipe out the way some other state does things. Put it under the feds and not only will there be a bureauracracy erected to operate/enforce the program but the whim of one set of idiots (as opposed to needing the whims of all the sets of idiots) can bring about unintended (but perfectly forseeable) consequences.

Thanks, but no thanks.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    National carry or national forced resciprocity scares the snot out of me.

It's bad enough that each of the 57 states makes their own rules that do not play very nicely with the rules of all the other states. But at least one state cannot completely wipe out the way some other state does things. Put it under the feds and not only will there be a bureauracracy erected to operate/enforce the program but the whim of one set of idiots (as opposed to needing the whims of all the sets of idiots) can bring about unintended (but perfectly forseeable) consequences.

Thanks, but no thanks.

stay safe.
    Exactly. The only fed legislation Id be comfortable with is a bill that repeals other legislation.

If national reciprocity is passed, will Congress amend the 1000' school zone law? If the school zone law is not amended reciprocity is a mute point.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    If national reciprocity is passed, will Congress amend the 1000' school zone law? If the school zone law is not amended reciprocity is a mute point.
    I'm not sure it will remain quiet, but it certainly will be irrelvant.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I am not in favor of a national privilege law that may eventually outlaw federally constitutional carry.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Too bad the system is so inept and corrupt because the scotus could easily recognize national unlicensed open carry as the law of the land subject to the "sensitive" places restrictions set forth in Heller. For those who know the history of the 2nd Amendment you know that it does not apply to concealed carry (which is stupid, but that's the legal precedent) and that the right is to openly carry a firearm. This is admitted in many cases, as recently as 2013 in the Colorado post office case.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I'm not sure it will remain quiet, but it certainly will be irrelvant.

stay safe.
    My bad, LOL, "moot" not mute and I know better which just makes it worse, that will teach me to post when I am in a hurry.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Too bad the system is so inept and corrupt because the scotus could easily recognize national unlicensed open carry as the law of the land subject to the "sensitive" places restrictions set forth in Heller. For those who know the history of the 2nd Amendment you know that it does not apply to concealed carry (which is stupid, but that's the legal precedent) and that the right is to openly carry a firearm. This is admitted in many cases, as recently as 2013 in the Colorado post office case.
    It doesn't apply to open carry, either. The fact that it does not stipulate either mode of carry means that both modes are to be protect as an inherent civil right.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    It doesn't apply to open carry, either. The fact that it does not stipulate either mode of carry means that both modes are to be protect as an inherent civil right.
    Well, that's what I think. But that's definitely not what the courts have said in this country.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Well, that's what I think. But that's definitely not what the courts have said in this country.
    Given the judicial track record of batting way less than 1.000, with countless overturns over the years, my faith in any given court, including the Supreme Court, to properly decide "the supreme Law of the Land" is precisely SQUAT.

"Shall not be infringed" means precisely what it says. Yes, it really is that simple. The courts have gotten it wrong since about the time the ink dried.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Given the judicial track record of batting way less than 1.000, with countless overturns over the years, my faith in any given court, including the Supreme Court, to properly decide "the supreme Law of the Land" is precisely SQUAT.

"Shall not be infringed" means precisely what it says. Yes, it really is that simple. The courts have gotten it wrong since about the time the ink dried.
    Simply put, the courts are wrong.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!