• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defeating Their Own Cause?

American Patriot

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rry-guns-in-public-gallery/?intcmp=latestnews

Washington State Senate bans open-carry guns in public gallery

"House Majority Leader Pat Sullivan, a Democrat from Covington, said the issue of guns in the gallery has been discussed for years and more conversation will occur before a final decision is made in that chamber.

"This is a significant issue and one that we're going to be very careful and cautious about," he said.

Owen said he spoke with leadership from both caucuses in the Senate and had their support for his decision.

People could still bring their concealed guns into the gallery, as long as they have a concealed pistol license.

Alan Gottlieb, founder and chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said he was disappointed with the behavior of some of the protesters in the House gallery on Thursday.

Some handled their firearms in a way that was not safe and opened the door for lawmakers to react, Gottlieb said.

"I think it hurts our cause and sets us back," he said.

Before the Senate's decision, Gottlieb said his stance on any possible change to the chamber rules would depend on its wording.

"The devil could be in the details," he said. "But I understand the concern. I share it."

Gottlieb was not immediately available for further comment Friday evening."

Custodian

Hmm.

Washington State isn't but a few leagues away from Kommiefornia, I bear that in mind before thinking.

If it's a right, it can't be taken away, but apparently in Washington State it was just a privilege to carry inside the state house.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Washington State isn't but a few leagues away from Kommiefornia, I bear that in mind before thinking.

If it's a right, it can't be taken away, but apparently in Washington State it was just a privilege to carry inside the state house.

Washington State is fast becoming Kalifornia II. Especially along the coast. Eastern Washington is more sensible. Must be the proximity to gun loving Idaho....:)

American Patriot

Well it appears that the problem is not with the state but with the behavior of those carrying....they shot themselves in the feet. AND caused all the rest to be punished by a change in the law. Laws are made to protect and serve society. Carrying a weapon is a serious responsibility and needs not to be handled in a frivolous and careless manner.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nice to see that they will have secret meetings on the subject, in violation of your state's open meeting laws.

RCW 42.30.030
Meetings declared open and public.

All meetings of the governing body of a public agency shall be open and public and all persons shall be permitted to attend any meeting of the governing body of a public agency, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

Maybe they'll issue out minutes? Like the constitution requires?

SECTION 11 JOURNAL, PUBLICITY OF MEETINGS - ADJOURNMENTS. Each house shall keep a journal of its proceedings and publish the same, except such parts as require secrecy. The doors of each house shall be kept open, except when the public welfare shall require secrecy. Neither house shall adjourn for more than three days, nor to any place other than that in which they may be sitting, without the consent of the other.

I don't think so. Typical A---holes having secret meetings -- that's how they actually do the business of the state -- how can you find anyone guilty of any crime when laws are made this way?