• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I see SB 1137 is rearing it's ugly head again

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll be insisting they vote the damn thing down for once and all.:banghead:

SB 1137 Loaded rifle or shotgun; regulation of transportation.
Thomas A. Garrett | all patrons ... notes
| add to my profiles
another bill? Log in LIS Home - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bills & Resolutions Members Committees Meetings Calendars Communications House Minutes Senate Minutes Statistics Lobbyist-in-a-Box

Summary as introduced:
Regulation of transportation of a loaded rifle or shotgun. Provides that lawful concealed carry permit holders shall not be subject to the provisions of certain local ordinances that make it unlawful for any person to transport, possess, or carry a loaded shotgun or loaded rifle in any vehicle on any public street, road, or highway within such locality.Full text:
01/13/15 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/14/15 15102523D pdf

01/13/15 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/14/15 15102523D
01/13/15 Senate: Referred to Committee for Courts of Justice

FBrinson

Take a look at the VCDL alert from this afternoon. There should be little doubt where VCDL's focus is. Pay 4 perks is alive and well and being pushed HARD. I might skip tomorrow's Lobby Day. I'm aggravated beyond repair.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Take a look at the VCDL alert from this afternoon. There should be little doubt where VCDL's focus is. Pay 4 perks is alive and well and being pushed HARD. I might skip tomorrow's Lobby Day. I'm aggravated beyond repair.

I'll be there but not with an orange sticker....maybe a CHIP :lol: on my shoulder though.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Anything that advances firearms, regardless of how limited or who it leaves behind, is good. We can come back at a later date to work out the kinks. [/sarcasm]

Can you get a refund when you submit your resignation?

stay safe.

FBrinson

The ONLY thing good about this bill is the preemption. The CHP part is just crap. Why even go there? Why not just go all out and just preempt all local ordinances for everyone. They are basically creating this entire climate for CHP privileges, without a doubt! There is absolutely NOTHING in this bill that inserts a foot in the door for later changes to be made. If this was all about opening the door in the name of advancing firearms then where are the bills that further advance current CHP perks to extend to EVERYONE? Where is OC for hunters during non-firearms season? Was that not supposed to be pushed 'later'? When is 'later'? This stuff just irks me to no end and the more I see it the more disgusted I become.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Little change or improvement will be initiated by those disinclined to enter the fray.

Some would say that if one were not part of the solution, then they are part of the problem.

Step up and make your voice heard.......loudly and clearly.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It all depends on how you define "the fray".

Is "the fray" a limited gain for a limited group, or is it getting a clean bill?

This bill also continues life support for all those laws that were grandfathered in when state "preemption" was passed. Do we continue that or do we work towards real and full preemption?

It's not as easy as saying "this advances 'the cause'."

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Bills routinely come around again if not passed.

That's why I always continue to seek responses to records requests where one thinks "ah, that bill is dead, what does it matter".

In 2013 I asked for records relating to gun bills .. I got some records this year from that 2013 request ... still, they are relevant to what I expect will be bills to be introduced, if not already.

It takes time, patience, and determination to show these antis their true intentions.