Thread: My brother passed Jan 3

My brother passed Jan 3

My brother Gary passed away Jan 3 after a 1 1/2 year bout with cancer. It started in his kidney leading to a removal of one kidney - but it had already spread to his lungs and brain.

We were notified he had about 2 months and had plans to visit during his final days. We were scheduled to leave for Charlotte on a late red-eye Jan 2 expecting to arrive in Mesa Az but before we left the house my wife received a call from the airlines that our first flight had been canceled.

We jumped in the car and drove to Charlotte and managed to catch the same flight booked from Charlotte to Phoenix. During our drive we received a call indicating a change and he was in his last 24 hours. Before we arrived he had passed. We were heart broken.

He was cremated the following Thursday and symbolically of him having friends everywhere his ashes will be shared and spread in many places

He was very active in AKC dog shows all his adult life and was very well known for his skills and abilities in dog grooming and handling. If you have a facebook account and care to visit you may read many posts here https://www.facebook.com/gary.wittmeier?fref=ts expressing the sorrow for his loss - Gary Wittmeier.

Quoted from his facebook page/post:
    "There will be a "A Memorial and Celebration of Gary's life will take place at his show, Angeles Canyon Dog Club on April 18/19, 2015."

RIP big brother. You will be missed by many.

The best we can say is we did meet some of his many, many friends and had a nice visit.
    I was born in Great Falls, Mt. My parents moved when I was 5. I found them when I was 9. They were in California.

Deepest condolences...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Condolences and well wishes for the loved ones left behind.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Centurion
    Always saddens me to hear of someones loss--- my Condolences to you!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I lost my brother to cancer in 1979. He passed on Christmas day. He was 38 years old. One of the finest men I have ever known and I am both honored and humbled to share the same blood with him. So I know your situation and I hope God lays a smooth path for you and for your brother's many friends.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

My most sincere condolences. Family members are indeed precious.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
    My brother Gary passed away Jan 3 after a 1 1/2 year bout with cancer. It started in his kidney leading to a removal of one kidney - but it had already spread to his lungs and brain.

We were notified he had about 2 months and had plans to visit during his final days. We were scheduled to leave for Charlotte on a late red-eye Jan 2 expecting to arrive in Mesa Az but before we left the house my wife received a call from the airlines that our first flight had been canceled.

We jumped in the car and drove to Charlotte and managed to catch the same flight booked from Charlotte to Phoenix. During our drive we received a call indicating a change and he was in his last 24 hours. Before we arrived he had passed. We were heart broken.

He was cremated the following Thursday and symbolically of him having friends everywhere his ashes will be shared and spread in many places

He was very active in AKC dog shows all his adult life and was very well known for his skills and abilities in dog grooming and handling. If you have a facebook account and care to visit you may read many posts here https://www.facebook.com/gary.wittmeier?fref=ts expressing the sorrow for his loss - Gary Wittmeier.

Quoted from his facebook page/post:
    "There will be a "A Memorial and Celebration of Gary's life will take place at his show, Angeles Canyon Dog Club on April 18/19, 2015."

RIP big brother. You will be missed by many.

The best we can say is we did meet some of his many, many friends and had a nice visit.
    I am deeply sorry for your loss.

It sounds as if the world was a better place with Gary in it.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired