• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My brother passed Jan 3

wittmeba

My brother Gary passed away Jan 3 after a 1 1/2 year bout with cancer. It started in his kidney leading to a removal of one kidney - but it had already spread to his lungs and brain.

We were notified he had about 2 months and had plans to visit during his final days. We were scheduled to leave for Charlotte on a late red-eye Jan 2 expecting to arrive in Mesa Az but before we left the house my wife received a call from the airlines that our first flight had been canceled.

We jumped in the car and drove to Charlotte and managed to catch the same flight booked from Charlotte to Phoenix. During our drive we received a call indicating a change and he was in his last 24 hours. Before we arrived he had passed. We were heart broken.

He was cremated the following Thursday and symbolically of him having friends everywhere his ashes will be shared and spread in many places

He was very active in AKC dog shows all his adult life and was very well known for his skills and abilities in dog grooming and handling. If you have a facebook account and care to visit you may read many posts here https://www.facebook.com/gary.wittmeier?fref=ts expressing the sorrow for his loss - Gary Wittmeier.

Quoted from his facebook page/post:
"There will be a "A Memorial and Celebration of Gary's life will take place at his show, Angeles Canyon Dog Club on April 18/19, 2015."

RIP big brother. You will be missed by many.

The best we can say is we did meet some of his many, many friends and had a nice visit.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I lost my brother to cancer in 1979. He passed on Christmas day. He was 38 years old. One of the finest men I have ever known and I am both honored and humbled to share the same blood with him. So I know your situation and I hope God lays a smooth path for you and for your brother's many friends.

MilProGuy

My brother Gary passed away Jan 3 after a 1 1/2 year bout with cancer. It started in his kidney leading to a removal of one kidney - but it had already spread to his lungs and brain.

We were notified he had about 2 months and had plans to visit during his final days. We were scheduled to leave for Charlotte on a late red-eye Jan 2 expecting to arrive in Mesa Az but before we left the house my wife received a call from the airlines that our first flight had been canceled.

We jumped in the car and drove to Charlotte and managed to catch the same flight booked from Charlotte to Phoenix. During our drive we received a call indicating a change and he was in his last 24 hours. Before we arrived he had passed. We were heart broken.

He was cremated the following Thursday and symbolically of him having friends everywhere his ashes will be shared and spread in many places

He was very active in AKC dog shows all his adult life and was very well known for his skills and abilities in dog grooming and handling. If you have a facebook account and care to visit you may read many posts here https://www.facebook.com/gary.wittmeier?fref=ts expressing the sorrow for his loss - Gary Wittmeier.

Quoted from his facebook page/post:
"There will be a "A Memorial and Celebration of Gary's life will take place at his show, Angeles Canyon Dog Club on April 18/19, 2015."

RIP big brother. You will be missed by many.

The best we can say is we did meet some of his many, many friends and had a nice visit.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

It sounds as if the world was a better place with Gary in it.