Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: How we do it in Texas

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1

    How we do it in Texas

    Maybe this could be a model for getting other lawmakers to give us what we want.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqSP4xoP5U

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Please give me a reason other than a bumper sticker slogan for why I should click on your link.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Having a description of the video, and why you think it's applicable to open carry, would be helpful. More people would be likely to go look at your video if you present them with a reason to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Really classy, Texas. Pick a guy you is an opponent, go in and make demands and start intimidating him and his staff.

    The internet is full of folks on both sides of the issue commenting about how unlikely that sort of behavior is to win over, or at least get someone to listen to your side of the discussion.

    I'll be waiting to see if you can unelect him. Because that's what you threatened to do if he does not do what you say. You put yourselves in a "put up or shut up" position.

    stay safe.

    PS - Please accept my apology for neglecting to say it up front. Welcome to OCDO.
    Last edited by skidmark; 01-19-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    "Any PR" is not always good PR.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    I love these videos.... "Leave my office" and then he walks out and gets the door closed in his face. [emoji14]

    On a serious note... Does anyone think that actually accomplished anything? Does anyone think that dude sat down and said "wow they are right. I really I need to change my ways" ? I doubt it...
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    The internet is full of folks on both sides of the issue commenting about how unlikely that sort of behavior is to win over, or at least get someone to listen to your side of the discussion.

    I'll be waiting to see if you can unelect him. Because that's what you threatened to do if he does not do what you say. You put yourselves in a "put up or shut up" position.
    +1

    If the poster or the person in the video has the votes to take the seat, there is no need to be rude.

    If they don't have the votes, they can't afford to be rude.

    And let us be clear, there are certain gun grabbers that we simply cannot defeat. They are, in fact, representing their constituents. In such cases, the proper course is not be rude, not to disrespect the office. The proper course is to make that person such a tiny minority in the legislature that his time is utterly miserable for lack of being able to advance any bills hostile to RKBA. In those races where gun grabbers can be defeated, defeat them.

    Charles

  8. #8
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    I didn't click the link but I bet it's the video of Kory and his crew getting kicked out of a rep's office. That is NOT how we do it in Texas! That is how the Kory Watkins' show does it, and they do it alone.
    Advocate freedom please

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I didn't click the link but I bet it's the video of Kory and his crew getting kicked out of a rep's office. That is NOT how we do it in Texas! That is how the Kory Watkins' show does it, and they do it alone.
    I think it is brother. Only a a couple guys in someone's office. Saying its the peoples office. Then the guy filming is his boy started telling the guy to leave his office. Then they finally get escorted out. Finally the guy filming shoves his foot in the door so they cant shut it for some reason.

    So they essentially got Booted from their own office according to them....

    No very productive IMO.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Not very productive IMO.
    Never.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I assume that they did place a bug in his office, right?

  12. #12
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I assume that they did place a bug in his office, right?
    LOL. I don't think Kory is that "smart"

    He's more of a... just go in mouth blazing kinda guy. Not much tact or tactic to it.
    Advocate freedom please

  13. #13
    Regular Member JustaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    728
    And now the fall-out:
    Patrick: Open carry bill doesn’t have the votes to pass Texas Senate — for now
    http://www.star-telegram.com/news/po...le8330316.html
    FUQ:
    Earlier this session, open carry supporters visited some lawmakers’ offices, urging them to support open carry and drew media attention after a heated exchange with a state lawmaker.

    Watkins posted a video online that showed open carry advocates being aggressive with state Rep. Poncho Nevarez, D-Eagle Pass, telling him he “won’t be here very long, bro,” because he doesn’t support open carry.

    Soon after that, the Texas House approved new rules letting lawmakers install panic buttons in their office, to summon Texas Department of Public Safety officers if they feel the need to remove people from their offices.

    Some open carry supporters at the time feared that such an aggressive campaign could hurt their effort to overturn the state’s ban on openly carrying handguns.

    “The chances of passing what they call ‘constitutional carry’ got more remote with [the Jan. 13] shenanigans,” former Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, who as a state senator shepherded the state’s concealed carry through the legislature and supports open carry, said at the time. “That set the stage. That’s the topic of discussion now.”
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

    Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

  14. #14
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    That's old, he's already flip flopped back.
    Advocate freedom please

  15. #15
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Dan Patrick:
    "As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead but suggested instead that, because the votes were not there (at this time), it had not risen to a level of priority....at this point. That is far different than saying an issue is not a priority, it just means work still needs to be done."
    "There are many in the Open Carry movement who are being productive and positive in helping to move the bill forward. The way to pass a bill is to build relationships and explain why your issue is good for Texas."
    "As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead ..."
    Advocate freedom please

  16. #16
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    What is the make-up of the TX legislature? In MO we have a super majority in both houses, yet we still do not have constitutional carry (repeal of anti-gun laws). We have permission OC statewide now. Me thinks that the critters in Jeff City will take a break this session and focus on more pressing issues...like to use public finds for a new Rams stadium.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  17. #17
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Can't guarantee these numbers, but:

    In the Senate, 31 members, 11 Democratic Party and 20 Republican Party.

    In the House, 150 members, 51 Democratic Party, 96 Republican Party. (3 vacant?)
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 01-29-2015 at 09:37 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

  18. #18
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Can't guarantee these numbers, but:

    In the Senate, 31 members, 11 Democratic Party and 20 Republican Party.

    In the House, 150 members, 51 Democratic Party, 96 Republican Party. (3 vacant?)
    So when are you running for one of those house seats?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Can't guarantee these numbers, but:

    In the Senate, 31 members, 11 Democratic Party and 20 Republican Party.

    In the House, 150 members, 51 Democratic Party, 96 Republican Party. (3 vacant?)
    With numbers like these, the only way it wouldn't pass would be if the politicians were more content to let the issue fallow lie than to respond to millions of letters from law-abiding OCers.

    OR... The letters weren't written. If the latter, how do you expect politicians to vote for your rights if you don't let them know?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •