• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK cops illegally enter home and get shot up - no charges against homeowner (yet)

Primus

Aye!

Absolutely ridiculous that this type of "mistake" keeps happening.

If these leo's can't get an address correct, they are not competent enough to wear a badge or be in any position of trust.

Attempted Murder. Reckless Endangerment, False Imprisonment, Trespassing, Double Parking....etc.....etc......etc...... Throw the book at them, make them pay in their personal capacity.....

Aye! Aye! Aye!

Until they are held accountable, this will keep happening.
Double parking??? Wow you are truly evil. Remind me not to get on your bad side....[emoji8]

OC for ME

Why not both? ...
Cuz cops are not gunna knock if they can get away with it....heck, even if they think they may not get away with it they'll likely do it anyway and takes their chances. Given this truth, hitting the correct house is a good starting point. After they have demonstrated that they don't get house numbers all messed up (can read) then we can move on to knocking first.

OC for ME

HPmatt

TV newsman never talks about -was warrant issued? Was violation of 4A by Police chief? Shows deputies carrying out rifles, guys wandering around his house, taking pictures - all in violation of 4A. Hope Horton gets a good lawyer to get damages for police ignorance of personal property rights. 2nd TV report has chief saying Things don't add up and still suspects Horton, tells reporter he hasn't talked to state police, and then says he can't talk more because issue under investigation... Sounds like chief is hiding behind his pooch-screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Me too. Which is why I'm down with charging the caller with attempted murder.
I'm down with holding the cops accountable for doing very little investigative work to be sure that what they did, did not happen in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised that the cops did not find this "bomb threat" as more a lucky coincidence to hassle Horton and his wife, given how horton is portrayed in the media.

Were the cop executing a arrest warrant? A search warrant?

FreeInAZ

The sheer stupidity here is amazing on the part of the BV police. Ok we go to investigate a bomb threat... Do we take along bomb disposal team? Not according to the story. Do we attempt any communication whatsoever with the alleged bomber (who lives in a residential area where many people who live close by could be put in harms way especially at 6am on a Thursday morning) NO!

The chief is damn lucky he didn't run into someone who uses the tried and true "bend & blend" shooting technique, which: is shoot low abdomen or groin, then chest and then head in a upward zipper motion. :eek:

WalkingWolf

The sheer stupidity here is amazing on the part of the BV police. Ok we go to investigate a bomb threat... Do we take along bomb disposal team? Not according to the story. Do we attempt any communication whatsoever with the alleged bomber (who lives in a residential area where many people who live close by could be put in harms way especially at 6am on a Thursday morning) NO!

The chief is damn lucky he didn't run into someone who uses the tried and true "bend & blend" shooting technique, which: is shoot low abdomen or groin, then chest and then head in a upward zipper motion. :eek:

+1 Not every situation is a nail that needs to be a hammered. Looks like the chief pounded his own finger.

Jeff. State

Banned
I guess the chief is lucky the man who's home he invaded hadn't practiced "heads and hips" or Mozambique drill. Sometimes STUPIDITY can be lethal, a vest prevented that in this case.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Double parking??? Wow you are truly evil. Remind me not to get on your bad side....[emoji8]

Ya, I get a bit worked up when those that are supposed to "protect and serve" do the opposite.

They didn't even verify the simplest thing, the phone number and who it really belonged to from the 911 call (bomb threat). More investigation would have been warranted. The call could have come from a stolen cell phone and the caller takes the stolen cell phone owners identity, a land line can be "spoofed" to make it seem like it is originating from a different address or caller ID.

http://www.news9.com/story/27873087/sentinel-police-chief-speaks-out-about-shooting

And to be clear, as it could have been taken differently, it would be the leo's that I would prosecute in order to make an example. Don't go breaking into an innocent families home. Do your homework and verify.

It is very fortunate that nobody was killed.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

OK cops illegally enter home and get shot up - no charges against homeowner (...

Of course the chief is going to cover his @$$. Remember 6am is a full hour & a half from sunrise @ this time of year there! So the man if sleeping, would have woken in the dark to: his door being smashed in and as the chief said, and screaming from officers.. Probably went like this: "I'm the fat chief & I'm only on this raid so I can get the freshest donuts on the way bay to the station! Now hurry up F-~^er! They put the next batch out at 6:35 am sharp!"

http://youtu.be/ngxJEeVfq2U

Sarcasm off.

Last edited: