Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've never been so frightened in my life

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

I've never been so frightened in my life

I was minding my own business at lobby day, unarmed with only a camera between myself and eternity....when one of the anti Gun people pointed what looked like two guns and possibly a bomb.

I was in fear for my life and the people near me.

Now THAT is brandishing

Say what you will, one thing for sure, that exact move is enough to get you shot by a police officer under some conditions.

TFred

I was talking to an OCer when these kids walked by and shouted "I hope someone kills you" I turned the camera on and they stopped and mouthed "*uck You".....Nice kids those antis are raising.

That's an example of the dangers of Group Polarization. Something about them, they don't seem local. I think you'd be surprised, but a large portion of the leftist crowd here in RICHMOND city are not as anti gun as you might think. What I see right there, is a bunch of pretentious brats that are not as smart or as versed in the world as they think they are.
    Last edited by T Dubya; 01-19-2015 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Add
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Banned
    That group of kids...I hope they did not damage your truck too much.

I'm pretty sure that I would not need a firearm to straighten this group of kids out...you know, just "talk" to them as southsiders of chicago does.

May the others had sticker-shooters !

You seem easily scared .... all those white folks an' all.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

I'm pretty sure that I would not need a firearm to straighten this group of kids out...you know, just "talk" to them as southsiders of chicago does.

I am David. AI'm a very timid person...Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was minding my own business at lobby day, unarmed with only a camera between myself and eternity....when one of the anti Gun people pointed what looked like two guns and possibly a bomb.

I was in fear for my life and the people near me.

Please, please, please, please, please, please pull that trigger. I've always wanted to see someone's thumb bent backwards traumatically.

It also looks like the guy is in the process of switching his left-hand trigger finger for the Hawaiian Good Luck Wave finger. Iff'n you can't control your hand-gun you should just leave it in your pocket and make yourself happy.

But what I really want to know is when you will wipe the SD card clean, even though you have reason to believe it contains evidence of a crime? Or is that just something that certain state agencies do with hard drives that may or may not be connected to survellience cameras that may or may not be operating but we can't tell you because National Security?

stay safe.

PS - can you offer to accept a settlement before you even file a civil suit?
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I swung by the City Motel early this morning to see if you had checked in after midnight. Nope. Did you pick some other place to spend the night?

Looked for you at breakfast this morning. Nope. Guess you must have found a place you thought had better food/ambience - or was it a place that did not have people carrying guns?

Your disguise must have been very good because everybodly else at Lobby Day claims they did not see you there.

Maybe by next year you will have conquered your social anxiety. Sure hope so.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    That's an example of the dangers of Group Polarization. Something about them, they don't seem local. I think you'd be surprised, but a large portion of the leftist crowd here in RICHMOND city are not as anti gun as you might think. What I see right there, is a bunch of pretentious brats that are not as smart or as versed in the world as they think they are.
    x2

I was talking to an OCer when these kids walked by and shouted "I hope someone kills you" I turned the camera on and they stopped and mouthed "*uck You".....Nice kids those antis are raising.
    You could have said, "Well, I hope nobody tries to kill you. You don't even have the means to defend yourself!"
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-19-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    You could have said, "Well, I hope nobody tries to kill you. You don't even have the means to defend yourself!"
    Marshaul....I was having trouble with snappy comebacks today. To many surprises. One of the anti's was walking with her cell phone taking pictures of people at the VCDL Rally. I was following her taking video of her taking pictures. She spotted me and walked up taking my picture to about 6 inches. All I could think of was "Don't Cross the Streams"

Then she said "What are you packing"....That's a tough thing to answer for someone not wearing a GSL sticker or a gun.......She wasn't real good looking so I just said, nothing

I caught a bunch of rowdy kids messing around a truck.

I straightened em' out.

BTW Skid, I bet you didn't see me. I be none of you did. I couldn't find an orange sticker.
    Last edited by T Dubya; 01-19-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Banned
    Marshaul....I was having trouble with snappy comebacks today. To many surprises. One of the anti's was walking with her cell phone taking pictures of people at the VCDL Rally. I was following her taking video of her taking pictures. She spotted me and walked up taking my picture to about 6 inches. All I could think of was "Don't Cross the Streams"

Then she said "What are you packing"....That's a tough thing to answer for someone not wearing a GSL sticker or a gun.......She wasn't real good looking so I just said, nothing
    Should just reply ..."The answer to that will be that last thing you learn in life".

That's what I tell FBI agents ... they love it!
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-19-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Gosh darn, but that is a good looking truck

Dependable too - over 180K and still rolling the hides.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    I caught a bunch of rowdy kids messing around a truck.

<snip>
    Now that's scary . .. at least 1/2 to a million in damage (college tuition lol - but not kidding, 1/2 -1 mil)
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-19-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Snappy comeback: "How long have you been attending anger management classes? It's not long enough."

Should just reply ..."The answer to that will be that last thing you learn in life".

That's what I tell FBI agents ... they love it!
    You just make me sad you're in my world David!

Banned

Live large !

Not only did you straighten them out - you shrunk'em and maybe knocked a few of their teeth out....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

But on the bright side, he isn't contaminating Virginia except on his key board.

Think silver lining. ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    But on the bright side, he isn't contaminating Virginia except on his key board.

Think silver lining. ;>)
    I sure do miss this place.
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Wow. Not a handful of brain cells between them all. I sure hope after these brats grow up they get their eyes opened a little.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

What a coincidence. Yesterday I had to take "The Queen" to Sentara Princess Anne's Emergency Department to be (re)admitted for sepsis as a result of an open surgical wound of the ankle. Their waiting room was packed to capacity, so I resorted to standing at the periphery of despair, near the hallway that leads to the Outpatient registration area.

One time I looked over toward the ED registration, and there was a nurse pointing a gun at me! Normally I react severely to such rudeness, but the incongruity of the event tempered my actions. After a split second to digest the scene, I realized that it was not a gun. The nurse was pointing someone toward the hallway (where I was, 15 feet away), and holding a black pen along her trigger finger, er, index finger. Pointed directly at my head. A less contemplative man would have ventilated her.

Very uncomfortable adrenalin dump.

Well, since I was unarmed I was waiting for him to call me BIG BOY then I'd have enough justification to throw my loose leaf notebook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast