• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confirmed attempted guns snatch! On a concealed carrier!

WalkingWolf

On an interesting side note. The attacker/would be hero Michael Foster got in trouble for operating a motorcycle w/o a license last month. He was also baker acted the following day after attacking Mr. Daniels according to his arrest report. Wonder if he was feeling down and decided to try suicide by CC"er when he saw the gun. Or his liberal mind just couldn't compute that it's legal to carry a gun and it's a crime to run up and assault people. I would have love to seen the look on his face when the deputies told him he was under arrest for battery. I can see it now. But...but...the other guy had a gun, I was trying to save lives and ****.

His attorney most likely got him Baker act to get out of the battery charges. He spends a week or two in the hospital and gets completely out of serious jail time. It is common in FL, crooks do it all the time, it is up to prosecutors to follow up. Some just don't want to take a nut case to court after a doctor has said the person is a nut case.

twoskinsonemanns

"I am quite curious myself as to what I would do in that situation. "-- twoskinsonemanns

WHATEVER you decide to do, do NOT go to the Sporting Goods department, pick up a BB/pellet gun and walk around with it...

;-)

Too soon. J/k lol I definitely won't be doing that... I did walk around with a youth size compound bow a few weeks before christmas. I didn't even realize the danger I was it.

MontanaResident

I'm glad to read here that everybody is an expert carrier of a firearm and nothing like this could ever happen to them. Once again it is proven that stupid stuff only happens to other people.

Bailenforcer

LEGAL CPL holder attacked and tackled for carring a gun.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ut-there-was-one-big-problem/#comment-8656072

This just has me in fits, this Liberal do good ****** Bag attacks/tackled a 62 year old man because he was carrying a holstered gun? I hope this piece of trash is charged and successfully prosecuted for theft of the firearm, felonious assault, Battery, reckless endangerment of bystanders and children, and a host of felonies. If this was me Jacka$$ would have paid the ultimate price. I always carry a S&W Body guard in my jacket pocket and would have put two bullets in his face. This we should get behind to set an example that attacking legal gun carry citizens will NOT be tolerated. I am calling the Prosecutors office about this Monday and showing my support for a vigorous prosecution. What if that old guy heard or saw him coming there would have been most likely gun fire endangering everyone in the area.

Those who give a damn should call or write letters to the prosecutors office in this city. Hillsborough County Florida Sheriff’s Office's jurisdiction.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
...it's sort of like being in combat: All those bullets in the air are always for the other guys. ;-)

As for being any expert in carrying (professional shooting & retention training, etc.), I sure ain't, but at least I have a gun ON me and hopefully, will be able to use it when needed. I mean at least I have a CHANCE for survival compared to an unarmed person who doesn't have (much of a chance anyway). If not and things go South for me, it doesn't matter (don't care), so it's a no-way-to-lose situation either way. I will, however, try to keep any collateral damages to a minimum -- after all, as people would be seeing on the News @ 10 that evening, I wouldn't want my armed citizen shooting incident to be confused with a police-involved shooting incident. ;-)

Last edited:

MI_XD

Yes, this WAS a Gun Grab!

....The "hero" then quickly crawls over to the CCer and puts him into a headlock and grabs the gun in the holster. Within about 10 seconds of them being on the floor struggling over the gun others join in. You see a guy in shorts (store security or a bystander maybe?? ) join in the wrestling match. Then another person in a blue long sleeve shirt runs up and they get the gun away from him and hand it off to another person (the guy in the stripped shirt). The guy in the stripped shirt then hands the gun to another guy wearing a white shirt. ......

Yes, the OP WAS correct in saying this was a Gun Grab. And what concerns me is that at least THREE people were handling that gun, being passed from one to the other, without concern for where that muzzle was pointed and NOT ONE CLEARED THAT PISTOL!!!

Did any or all of those who the gun was passed to have knowledge of gun handling? Were any of them FELONS? Any one of those three could have started waving it around and commenced shooting!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Everyone other than the criminal tackler had every reason to believe they were assisting in disarming someone that must have just shown bad intentions. I am not going to say that they should have cleared the gun, though muzzle awareness and staying off the trigger would be critical, of course, until it reached a LEO or an experience firearms handler. I don't know who the other people were.

I'd say that a typical Wal-Mart shopper is likely to be safer with a gun than a typical employee, especially management, though the liabilities are certainly different.

I know of a little girl on a schoolground that was killed because a loaded pistol was found in the playground. Here's the kicker. She handed the pistol to a teacher. The teacher took out the magazine and handed it back to her to hold it while she got on her phone to the police. You know the rest.

When I think of the term "gun grab," especially in the context of this forum, I think of a bad guy going for the gun for his own nefarious purposes, not for insane disarmament.

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>

I know of a little girl on a schoolground that was killed because a loaded pistol was found in the playground. Here's the kicker. She handed the pistol to a teacher. The teacher took out the magazine and handed it back to her to hold it while she got on her phone to the police. You know the rest.

Class dismissed?

WalkingWolf

Everyone other than the criminal tackler had every reason to believe they were assisting in disarming someone that must have just shown bad intentions. I am not going to say that they should have cleared the gun, though muzzle awareness and staying off the trigger would be critical, of course, until it reached a LEO or an experience firearms handler. I don't know who the other people were.

I'd say that a typical Wal-Mart shopper is likely to be safer with a gun than a typical employee, especially management, though the liabilities are certainly different.

When I think of the term "gun grab," especially in the context of this forum, I think of a bad guy going for the gun for his own nefarious purposes, not for insane disarmament.

This was a bad guy, that is why they put shiny bracelets on him and took him to the grey bar hotel.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by davidmcbeth
Class dismissed?
I know I shouldn't have laughed at this but I did.
If no one hears you laugh, is it really funny?