Thread: AK-47s to be made in America; sanctions donít apply to U.S.-made Kalashnikovs

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

AK-47s to be made in America; sanctions donít apply to U.S.-made Kalashnikovs

ďWe are not permitted to pick up the phone and to talk to [Kalashnikov Concern],Ē Mr. McCrossin told CNN Tuesday. ďIn the second quarter of this year we are going to start manufacturing here in the U.S. What Iím manufacturing are our own AK-47s and shotguns under the Kalashnikov brand,Ē he added.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Presumably they will be manufacturing the WASR (Wassenaar Arrangement Semi-automatic Rifle) variants, not the full select fire AK that has been so popular with military establisments throughout the world.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

earth's crust
    Folks are free to build their own AK too ... not as easy as a AR but not beyond the skills of most.

And then one can make a AK pistol, rifle, etc...have fun !

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Folks are free to build their own AK too ... not as easy as a AR but not beyond the skills of most.
    I was of the impression the mechanical linkage of the K was easier, more reliable, and more forgiving than any gas-tube affair, particularly after long, punishing use in the field. In fact, isn't that one of the greatest draws to this weapon?
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I assume he means building the part that would require government permission to get. Much easy for the lower receiver of an AR.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The Capital City of Oaks - Raleigh, NC
    Hmm, if its MADE IN THE USA, then, I MIGHT, just might have to pick one up.

However, I am still working on my handgun collection of S&Ws first.

And still it'd probably rank lower than an AR-15, a Rifleman's rifle/flip cock special/Winchester 1892 modified, a M-14, a M-1 Garand...

but it'd still rank higher than a Ruger Mini-14.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.