Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VCDL is an "Extremist Gun Rights Organization" according to the leftist media.

VCDL is an "Extremist Gun Rights Organization" according to the leftist media.

http://dc.suntimes.com/dc-politics-g...ontrol-america

Funny, but I thought we were gun rights advocates, not far-right extremists. These fools have no idea what "far-right extremists" truly are if they are calling VCDL and Emily Miller that.

But then, I have as little faith in most "journalists" as I do most lawyers. Both are known bottom feeders with a few bright stars.

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar
    I believe she misspoke on the not part of America comment. The District of Columbia is a corporation, 10 miles square that "houses" the government of The United states of America. More accurately, she could have said that DC is not a state.

The "District Clause" in Article I, Section 8, Clause 17 of the U.S. Constitution states:

[The Congress shall have Power] To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States.

In 1790, the land on which the District is formed was ceded by Maryland following the passage of the Residence Act. Virginia also ceded land that helped form the District, but that land was returned to Virginia in 1847. The Congress did not officially move to the new federal capital until 1800. Shortly thereafter, the Congress passed the District of Columbia Organic Act of 1801 and incorporated the new federal District under its sole authority as permitted by the District Clause. Since the District of Columbia was no longer part of any state, the District's residents lost voting representation.

Voting rights of citizens in the District of Columbia differ from the rights of citizens in each of the 50 U.S. states. The United States Constitution grants each state voting representation in both houses of the United States Congress. As the U.S. capital, the District of Columbia is a special federal district, not a state, and therefore does not have voting representation in the Congress. The Constitution grants the Congress exclusive jurisdiction over the District in "all cases whatsoever."

In the United States House of Representatives, the District is represented by a delegate, who is not allowed to vote on the House floor but can vote on procedural matters and in congressional committees. D.C. residents have no representation in the United States Senate. The Twenty-third Amendment to the United States Constitution, adopted in 1961, entitles the District to three electoral votes in the election of the President and Vice President of the United States.

The District's lack of voting representation in Congress has been an issue since the capital's founding. Numerous proposals have been introduced to change this situation, including legislation and constitutional amendments, returning the District to the state of Maryland, and making the District into a new state. All proposals have been met with political or constitutional challenges and there has been no change in the District's representation in the Congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric..._voting_rights
    Last edited by SovereigntyOrDeath; 01-22-2015 at 05:06 PM.
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Really should not call a group extremists .... hey, if you're going to be called extremists ya might as well act like one.
    The extremist label is thrown in and is hyperbole to sell newspapers and get ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post

Funny, but I thought we were gun rights advocates, not far-right extremists. These fools have no idea what "far-right extremists" truly are if they are calling VCDL and Emily Miller that.

But then, I have as little faith in most "journalists"
    These type of "journalists" are really talk show hosts and reality TV personalities. They are not journalists in the true sense of the word.

What is journalism?

Journalism is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information. It is also the product of these activities.

Journalism can be distinguished from other activities and products by certain identifiable characteristics and practices. These elements not only separate journalism from other forms of communication, they are what make it indispensable to democratic societies. History reveals that the more democratic a society, the more news and information it tends to have.

http://www.americanpressinstitute.or...is-journalism/

I don't see adding opinion and hyperbole to the news and information a part of the description.
    Last edited by SovereigntyOrDeath; 01-22-2015 at 05:16 PM.
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Well, I'll tell you what an EM told me at the General Assembly (Philip loves it when the EM's tell people what VCDL is)......

"We're not a hunting group, we're a self defense group. Go talk to the VSSA" I misunderstood him and thought he said VaHDA which is fighting words....but I listened to the video a little while ago.

So what VCDL is, is a self defense group....that lobbies for skeet ranges and exploding targets, but not hunters......

Makes perfect sense!
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-22-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Some folks are beyond trying to communicate with, much less correct or enlighten. Several years ago, after one spree killer or another had committed his act of violence then killed himself, one thing I saw in follow-up nationwide reporting was way past absurd: According to that reporter, the bad guy has purchased some of his gear (although not the gun or ammo) through "....Shotgun News, a clandestine publication". (That's about verbatim as memory serves.)

At the time, as many of you would recall, Shotgun News was published thrice monthly, available via mail order, AND it was sold over the counter at every decent sized news stand or book store I knew of.

Comedian Ron White is pretty spot on about not being able to "fix stupid".

But then, I have as little faith in most "journalists" as I do most lawyers. Both are known bottom feeders with a few bright stars.
    72 types of Americans considered to be extremists:

https://swordattheready.wordpress.co...al-terrorists/

As some smart person once said, "If you're not on at least a few lists you are not doing it right."

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

State Researcher
    If you're not drawing some enemy flak, you're probably not over the target.

Congrats to VCDL for doing the kind of good RKBA work that so upsets the typical gun grabbers in the media.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

As some smart person once said, "If you're not on at least a few lists you are not doing it right."

stay safe.
    I must be slacking .. I only considered myself on 18 of those lists. Not telling you which ones, you'll have to scan the names on all 72 of them and find me. However, some of the categories mentioned appear to just be duplicates of other categories

"Advertisements... contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." --Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by sparkman2; 01-23-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    I must be slacking .. I only considered myself on 18 of those lists. Not telling you which ones, you'll have to scan the names on all 72 of them and find me. However, some of the categories mentioned appear to just be duplicates of other categories
    I scored a 44

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I scored a 44
    One thing that hurt my score is the fact I don't care about other people's sexual orientation and I'm not actually a member of some of the religious groups mentioned (even though I might share some of their thoughts). I took each category literally, every word in the description had to apply for me to count it, I was attempting to disqualify myself from each of them.

Reading the list again "suddenly acquires weapons" is one of the categories. With "instant" background checks, is there any other way to acquire other than "suddenly"? Maybe one needs to pay cash in small bills and spend 30 minutes counting them out, pausing to chat about knitting patterns every couple of minutes before having the seller very slowly hand your purchase over ...

One thing that hurt my score is the fact I don't care about other people's sexual orientation and I'm not actually a member of some of the religious groups mentioned (even though I might share some of their thoughts). I took each category literally, every word in the description had to apply for me to count it, I was attempting to disqualify myself from each of them.

Reading the list again "suddenly acquires weapons" is one of the categories. With "instant" background checks, is there any other way to acquire other than "suddenly"? Maybe one needs to pay cash in small bills and spend 30 minutes counting them out, pausing to chat about knitting patterns every couple of minutes before having the seller very slowly hand your purchase over ...
    U realize those titles were a sham right? Did you click any of them to see the source? I tried finding the word terrorist anywhere. Couldn't find it with my phone and the app it brings up.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

stay safe.
    LOL Lost count after I ran out of fingers and toes.

Makes me proud this NObama gubermant (and their mentally deficient supporters) are afraid of me ! ;>)

These are laughable.

3. Those that want “to make the world a better place” - no lets just keep re-electing Obama.

59. “Returning veterans” - go serve then stay where you are.

Who else would ever put their name on such a list but out Government.

I'm scared now. Do you know if they read this forum?

...and try to name someone who does NOT fit one of those categories. Good luck!
    Last edited by wittmeba; 01-23-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    I was born in Great Falls, Mt. My parents moved when I was 5. I found them when I was 9. They were in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

U realize those titles were a sham right? Did you click any of them to see the source? I tried finding the word terrorist anywhere. Couldn't find it with my phone and the app it brings up.
    I searched my post one time, I couldn't find any instance of me using the word "terrorist" so I don't see why you would quote me while informing the rest of us of your failure. Please go return slowly in a prone position, and a manner which suggests lack of limbs, to the antipodean face of a small geological formation, I'd rather read the thoughts of a (possible, but unlikely) descendant of a Scottish general turned monarch

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    If you aren't labeled an extremist by crazy town media, there's something wrong with you.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by SovereigntyOrDeath View Post
    I believe she misspoke on the not part of America comment. The District of Columbia is a corporation, 10 miles square that "houses" the government of The United states of America. More accurately, she could have said that DC is not a state.
    Actually, I think she was making a sarcastic remark. Seeing as so many in DC want to stomp on individual rights, they are therefore "un-American" and since they control that 10 sq mi area, its not really part of America. I think it's a nice little dig at the pols.

And if the VCDL is extreme, then what do you label those Left wing yahoos that are trying to cram things like immigration reform and all that other nonsense down our throats?

stay safe.
    Not to sound like an apologist for the state, but did you actually read the linked document?

The document is fairly inane, and it appears to be mostly based on SPLC publications, but the article you link (and the article linked to within that article) both grossly misrepresent, skew, and grossly exaggerate the contents. I prefer intellectual honesty to... well, whatever that is.
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-23-2015 at 11:02 PM.

After reading.... I think I'm screwed. Lots of checkmarks there. God forbid if I ever have to protect myself; they will poll this website and see this response... "See? he was an extremist!!!!" Not.

Quote Originally Posted by MNMGoneShooting View Post
    After reading.... I think I'm screwed. Lots of checkmarks there. God forbid if I ever have to protect myself; they will poll this website and see this response... "See? he was an extremist!!!!" Not.
    LOL As many "watch lists" as I am already on, I have no doubt the gubermant watches what I post.

Thanks to my background and former employment, I have no doubts that if NObama ever gets to implement his marshal law plan, I will be rounded up for a FEMA camp in the 1st collection run.

AVENGE ME ! ;>)
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 01-24-2015 at 09:02 AM.

I searched my post one time, I couldn't find any instance of me using the word "terrorist" so I don't see why you would quote me while informing the rest of us of your failure. Please go return slowly in a prone position, and a manner which suggests lack of limbs, to the antipodean face of a small geological formation, I'd rather read the thoughts of a (possible, but unlikely) descendant of a Scottish general turned monarch
    Lol that was cute
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Not to sound like an apologist for the state, but did you actually read the linked document?

The document is fairly inane, and it appears to be mostly based on SPLC publications, but the article you link (and the article linked to within that article) both grossly misrepresent, skew, and grossly exaggerate the contents. I prefer intellectual honesty to... well, whatever that is.
    Your not remotely an apologist. Your just accurate per usual.

I already tried telling these guys once this list is bogus. But why let facts get in the way of some good chest thumping.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

SPLC?!? That extremist hate group?!?

blech~~

LOL As many "watch lists" as I am already on, I have no doubt the gubermant watches what I post.

Thanks to my background and former employment, I have no doubts that if NObama ever gets to implement his marshal law plan, I will be rounded up for a FEMA camp in the 1st collection run.

AVENGE ME ! ;>)
    also, don't forget you're bordering on treason because you like warthogs .. :-)

I assume that you're referring to the radical extremist socialist media there, right? And I'm with you as to the last point - I often tell people who want help picking a lawyer, some are really good; some are really bad; and most are average. If you had to go to the hospital at two o'clock in the morning after a car accident, would you want an "average" surgeon? Journalists, plumbers, cops, etc.; if we could just get rid of all the humans, the Earth would be just fine.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast