Thread: Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah dead at 90. The geopolitical world has changed.

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah dead at 90. The geopolitical world has changed.

Abdullah was born in Riyadh in 1924, one of the dozens of sons of Saudi Arabia's founder, King Abdul-Aziz Al Saud. Like all Abdul-Aziz's sons, Abdullah had only rudimentary education. Tall and heavyset, he felt more at home in the Nejd, the kingdom's desert heartland, riding stallions and hunting with falcons. His strict upbringing was exemplified by three days he spent in prison as a young man as punishment by his father for failing to give his seat to a visitor, a violation of Bedouin hospitality.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

King (formerly HRH Crown Prince) Salman is the last of the Saud line of Wahhabi. There's going to be a lot of jockeying around for who gets named Crown Prince and where their political support comes from (besides BHO).

Wahhabi are fundamental Islamists like snake-handlers are fundamental Christians.

"Fasten your seat belts, boys. It's going to be a bumpy ride."

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

UPDATE! King Salman bin Abdul Aziz may have dementia.

Serious questions have been raised about the health and ability of King Salman, whose rule began upon the death of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz. Salman, 79, is widely believed to have significant health problems and to suffer from dementia.

“He can perform quite well for a few minutes, but then he gets muddled and goes off message,” said Simon Henderson, an authority on Saudi Arabia and succession issues at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z2

Informative succession graphic in the WaPo article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman..._Arabia#Health
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Great, another war to install democracy .. I just hope that they don't have F-16s ..... ooops

Campaign Veteran
    Saudi Arabia is irrelevant, as it was never an American ally...in name only. Due to the nature of their religion, Islam can NEVER ally itself with a Christian nation. Ever. America ISN'T a Christian nation anymore, but that's how Islam views it anyway.

Same for every OTHER Arab (and Persian) country in the Middle East. Kind of like Mexico: Loves America's $$ but hate us otherwise. ;-)

Only Israel (and only MAYBE, since Obama has been President) is an ally we can SORT of trust. Not sure for how long though, and even though Israel has become much like America (at America's insistence) -- a Paper Tiger.

Question: How many times does a REAL Israeli Army need to go into the Gaza and "correct the situation."

Answer: ONCE.

How many times have they gone in there the last 20 years or so with NOTHING to show for it? Too many to remember. That's NOT how you do these things...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 01-24-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Saudi Arabia is irrelevant, as it was never an American ally...in name only. Due to the nature of their religion, Islam can NEVER ally itself with a Christian nation. Ever. America ISN'T a Christian nation anymore, but that's how Islam views it anyway.

Same for every OTHER Arab (and Persian) country in the Middle East. Kind of like Mexico: Loves America's $$ but hate us otherwise. ;-)

Only Israel (and only MAYBE, since Obama has been President) is an ally we can SORT of trust. Not sure for how long though, and even though Israel has become much like America (at America's insistence) -- a Paper Tiger.

Question: How many times does a REAL Israeli Army need to go into the Gaza and "correct the situation."

Answer: ONCE.

How many times have they gone in there the last 20 years or so with NOTHING to show for it? Too many to remember. That's NOT how you do these things...
    1. Never was to begin with.

2. Right, because the correct way to do it is the initiation of the final answer to the Palestinian question! It's not ethnic oppression if your race was killed en masse by commies and nazis alike, heck, if anything, it's just a question as to how many more schools, and hospitals the Israelis can blow up, for the cause of 'security'.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Campaign Veteran
    Yes, I remember the so-called "Palestinians" (the ____ of the Arab world, btw) rejoicing in the streets upon hearing of the 9-11 attacks in NY. Saved the video of it to always remember.

Re: your offered "Palestinian solution," however -- which I hadn't even considered frankly,

I like the way you think! -- Prof. Turgeson

...but I'm done here: Reading your sig I can see you're not worth bothering with for other reasons, too.

חַיִּים
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 01-24-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Yes, I remember the so-called "Palestinians" (the ____ of the Arab world, btw) rejoicing in the streets upon hearing of the 9-11 attacks in NY. Saved the video of it to always remember.

Re: your offered "Palestinian solution," however -- which I hadn't even considered frankly,

I like the way you think! -- Prof. Turgeson

...but I'm done here: Reading your sig I can see you're not worth bothering with for other reasons, too.

חַיִּים
    Hey, when it comes to rejoicing, the Arabs know how to party! :P~

And what do you mean I'm not worth bothering with, for 'other reasons', hmm? Don't like storm chasers much? Well, that can't be helped, I mean there are a few of our community who are money-hungry c*nts, like the idiots from the show 'storm chasers', but the majority of us are actually sane, and, ya know, not D-bags.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Campaign Veteran
    Yes...storm-chasers kind of let us down when Hurricane Ike hit. Had no idea where along the coast it was going to land.

WE knew though...when it did.

;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 01-24-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Yes...storm-chasers kind of let us down when Hurricane Ike hit. Had no idea where along the coast it was going to land.

WE knew though...when it did.

;-)
    Yeah... Hurricanes are too predictable, and not as exciting as tornado/storm chasing. It's hard to have to pick which storm might produce a tornado, and which storm might not, considering only, say, 10% of severe storms in the U.S. actually produce a tornado, and most of them are quick spin-ups that last a minute or two, and are too weak to pick up enough ground debris to be visible to the naked eye. Tornado chasing takes skill. Hurricane chasing takes a five minute watch of the Weather channel, and a rain suit.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=