• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in Tricities region?

Ken56

Since moving to Dandridge TN I have not had any problems or issues with others over it. I have not had any LEO contact even though They have seen me out and about. I find most agencies to be well educated on the law and accepting of OC. Although I find the issue of carry by permit only to be troublesome, that's how it is here. Just go about you business and carry and see how things are and let us all know. Oh yeah, welcome to TN.

Kopis

Im a former AR resident and would always OC in memphis. Ive had a few LEO contacts that were all very positive. I recently moved to franklin/nashville and have continued to OC here without any issues. No LEO contact in nashville yet. Franklin/nashville seem to be more liberal than knoxville. Anyway, if you're new to OC, i encourage you to continue it. You'll soon notice that virtually no one notices. If you do have LEO contact just keep in mind you are required to present your HCP or out of state permit upon request. Ive had to do it several times and it wasnt a big deal.

I did go to a shooting range in nashville and they were aghast that i was OCing (could be the shotty i had slung too). They told me both pistols and long guns were better cased so they didnt alarm or scare anyone. They were extremely particular there. Maybe not a bad thing but i didnt care for it.