Thread: VCDL - Feel their P4P Loooooove!!!!!!

VCDL - Feel their P4P Loooooove!!!!!!

My count from VCDL 2015 Legislative Tracking tool as of 23JAN15:

VCDL Strongly Supports:

P4P: 12 Gun Rights: 6

Here is how i scored 'em:

House of Delegates

P4P

HB 1329
    HB 1359
    HB 1389
    HB 1411
    HB 1467
    HB 1772
    HB 1773
    HB 2029

Gun Rights

HB 1390
    HB 1666
    HB 2027
    HB 202

Other

HB 2009
    HJ 529
    HB 192

Senate

P4P

SB 1132
    SB 1137
    SB 689
    SB 948

Gun Rights
    SB 1130
    SB 1191

Other

SB 1155
    SB 828

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Tiny baby steps that they can come back to later and ask someone to propose an amendment to make the law a little less bad.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    VCDL does not write/submit the bills. Our elected representatives do.

VCDL takes a stance on the merits of each - that does not imply that a strong endorsement is an ideal/perfect solution.

Apparently it is easy find fault with what others do w/o offering a better solution.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    You know Thundar, we go through this every year. As Grapeshot said, they don't write the bills, they take a position on bills. They do recommend certain bills be written every year and sometimes the patron flubbs it as in the long gun in the automobile bill. That was suggested by a VCDL member who is livid that it was written as a P4P bill.

The issue should be the position taken on some bills. In years past VCDL has turned thumbs down on bills and stated the reason was "It doesn't represent all gun owners"...It's been a long time since I've seen that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    VCDL does not write/submit the bills. Our elected representatives do.

VCDL takes a stance on the merits of each - that does not imply that a strong endorsement is an ideal/perfect solution.

Apparently it is easy find fault with what others do w/o offering a better solution.
    Offers by a small number have been made to draft legislation for VCDL's friends to introduce. Drafts have been submitted. I can only recall one that was taken to the elected representatives.

Make life easier for our elected representatives by giving them a starting point. The unions and teachers and banks and ___ all do it. They can then adjust/edit/alter it as they see fit.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    +1
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Baby steps forward beat giant steps backwards. Don't try to win the whole war when right now the small battle needs to be fought.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Talking with the mouth full?

I look back at how far VCDL has brought us in the fight and what has been accomplished in spite of the NRA and the anti's, and I see what incremental steps have won. P4P? yes and it's improving each year, with constitutional carry in our sights. Be patient and help where you can. I'm disappointed that nothing on brandishing is being addressed. It will come.
    Perhaps thundar would rather have the Lairds of Fairfax pushing our state legislation.