• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL - Feel their P4P Loooooove!!!!!!

Thundar

My count from VCDL 2015 Legislative Tracking tool as of 23JAN15:

VCDL Strongly Supports:

P4P: 12 Gun Rights: 6

Here is how i scored 'em:

House of Delegates

P4P

HB 1329
HB 1359
HB 1389
HB 1411
HB 1467
HB 1772
HB 1773
HB 2029

Gun Rights

HB 1390
HB 1666
HB 2027
HB 202

Other

HB 2009
HJ 529
HB 192

Senate

P4P

SB 1132
SB 1137
SB 689
SB 948

Gun Rights
SB 1130
SB 1191

Other

SB 1155
SB 828

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Tiny baby steps that they can come back to later and ask someone to propose an amendment to make the law a little less bad.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL does not write/submit the bills. Our elected representatives do.

VCDL takes a stance on the merits of each - that does not imply that a strong endorsement is an ideal/perfect solution.

Apparently it is easy find fault with what others do w/o offering a better solution.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You know Thundar, we go through this every year. As Grapeshot said, they don't write the bills, they take a position on bills. They do recommend certain bills be written every year and sometimes the patron flubbs it as in the long gun in the automobile bill. That was suggested by a VCDL member who is livid that it was written as a P4P bill.

The issue should be the position taken on some bills. In years past VCDL has turned thumbs down on bills and stated the reason was "It doesn't represent all gun owners"...It's been a long time since I've seen that stance.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
VCDL does not write/submit the bills. Our elected representatives do.

VCDL takes a stance on the merits of each - that does not imply that a strong endorsement is an ideal/perfect solution.

Apparently it is easy find fault with what others do w/o offering a better solution.

Offers by a small number have been made to draft legislation for VCDL's friends to introduce. Drafts have been submitted. I can only recall one that was taken to the elected representatives.

Make life easier for our elected representatives by giving them a starting point. The unions and teachers and banks and ___ all do it. They can then adjust/edit/alter it as they see fit.

stay safe.

AtackDuck

Talking with the mouth full?

I look back at how far VCDL has brought us in the fight and what has been accomplished in spite of the NRA and the anti's, and I see what incremental steps have won. P4P? yes and it's improving each year, with constitutional carry in our sights. Be patient and help where you can. I'm disappointed that nothing on brandishing is being addressed. It will come.
Perhaps thundar would rather have the Lairds of Fairfax pushing our state legislation. :monkey