Thread: Who has best profile pic in your opinion ? -- cannot say yourself

Banned

Who has best profile pic in your opinion ? -- cannot say yourself

And a link to the pic via thread or member's page...

I like .. Zacks'..
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...rry-introduced
    1st post

You can choose more than one ... and in different replies ... its hard to pick ! So many good ones.

Best what? Like Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" it can just be the most interesting in some way, right?

So I'm going with Primus' "Busting Mine, Protecting Yours" from a couple months ago.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I know I'm breaking the rules the OP laid out, but if don't vote for mine, my all knowing, super intelligent, beautiful, wife will know it! Her sister is a photographer, and for a wedding present, they did a large portfolio for me.

A better question might be, who has allowed the display of avatars/signatures/icons/smilies and such non-text graffiti?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

i always liked eye95's.

pot stirred, mission accomplished...

Mine, of course. Sorry, not compliant, just grumpy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    I know I'm breaking the rules the OP laid out, but if don't vote for mine, my all knowing, super intelligent, beautiful, wife will know it! Her sister is a photographer, and for a wedding present, they did a large portfolio for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

ROFL ! kidding

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Zack's do you have a permit for that freedom one is hard to beat
    Advocate freedom please

well, if everyone else is doing it, I'm going to have to say "mine", simply because mine references something I was personally involved in.

david, I like the idea put forward in yours. However, when jury instructions are being discussed and the jury is not in the courtroom, certain "people" (and I use the term loosely) on the prosecution team pull faces similar to that seen on the kid who just got wedgied and crying "no, no, we can't tell them that" if informing the jury of their right and duty of nullification is so much as hinted at.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    well, if everyone else is doing it, I'm going to have to say "mine", simply because mine references something I was personally involved in.

david, I like the idea put forward in yours. However, when jury instructions are being discussed and the jury is not in the courtroom, certain "people" (and I use the term loosely) on the prosecution team pull faces similar to that seen on the kid who just got wedgied and crying "no, no, we can't tell them that" if informing the jury of their right and duty of nullification is so much as hinted at.
    Courts all over have rubber-stamped excluding nullification instructions and almost all wholeheartedly approves of not allowing jury instructions to include nullification.

I have spoken to prosecutors and they think that a jurist nullifying is illegal and violates the jurist oath ... this is false.

Who decides the law in this country? The people do. Pass as many laws as they like, the laws must pass muster with the people. Its the only partial democratic process left.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    [ ... ] Pass as many laws as they like, the laws must pass muster with the people. Its the only partial democratic process left.
    Nope. Jury selection by lottery is democratic.
    Democracy arose from the idea that those who are equal in any respect are equal absolutely. All are alike free, therefore they claim that all are free absolutely... The next is when the democrats, on the grounds that they are all equal, claim equal participation in everything. [ ... ] It is accepted as democratic when public offices are allocated by lot; and as oligarchic when they are filled by election. Aristotle, Politics
    From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sortition#Ancient_Athens

In Athens, "democracy" (literally meaning rule by the people) was in opposition to those supporting oligarchy (rule by a few). Athenian democracy was characterised by being run by the "many" (the ordinary people) who were allotted to the committees which ran government. Thucydides has Pericles make this point in his Funeral Oration: "It is administered by the many instead of the few; that is why it is called a democracy."

The Athenians believed sortition to be more democratic than elections and used complex procedures with purpose-built allotment machines (kleroteria) to avoid the corrupt practices used by oligarchs to buy their way into office. According to the author Mogens Herman Hansen the citizen's court was superior to the assembly because the allotted members swore an oath which ordinary citizens in the assembly did not and therefore the court could annul the decisions of the assembly. Both Aristotle and Herodotus (one of the earliest writers on democracy) emphasize selection by lot as a test of democracy:

The rule of the people has the fairest name of all, equality (isonomia), and does none of the things that a monarch does. The lot determines offices, power is held accountable, and deliberation is conducted in public.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-24-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    What corruption? Its "business as usual" here.

Courts all over have rubber-stamped excluding nullification instructions and almost all wholeheartedly approves of not allowing jury instructions to include nullification.

I have spoken to prosecutors and they think that a jurist nullifying is illegal and violates the jurist oath ... this is false.

Who decides the law in this country? The people do. Pass as many laws as they like, the laws must pass muster with the people. Its the only partial democratic process left.
    David, if you ever take up the offer to come visit us and show us how it's done, let me know and you and I could have a good face to face chat about this very thing. I'll lay down just one condition, we do so sat at a bar with some (at least) half decent beer in our hands

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    David, if you ever take up the offer to come visit us and show us how it's done, let me know and you and I could have a good face to face chat about this very thing. I'll lay down just one condition, we do so sat at a bar with some (at least) half decent beer in our hands
    I do not drink intoxicating beverages. And fake beer yuuuck !

Would someone please tell me why davidmcbeth is trolling for dates?

Or is he just upping his post count?

Or is he -- no, I'm no longer licensed by the state to offer diagnostic opinions. Such a shame!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I do not drink intoxicating beverages. And fake beer yuuuck !
    miller lite for david then ...

Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    i always liked eye95's.

pot stirred, mission accomplished...

AS did I.... Moving on.
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

nice. forgot that part.

I had a nice avatar, but is was confiscated.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I had a nice avatar, but is was confiscated.
    That's why yours is this:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/65094517.jpg

What was the one that was taken from you? Someone had a certain set of skills. I guess.

I like Jeanette's avatar because it reminds me of my fiancee
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I like Jeanette's avatar because it reminds me of my fiancee
    I like mine too!!!