• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who has best profile pic in your opinion ? -- cannot say yourself

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Best what? Like Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" it can just be the most interesting in some way, right?

So I'm going with Primus' "Busting Mine, Protecting Yours" from a couple months ago.

metalman383

I know I'm breaking the rules the OP laid out, but if don't vote for mine, my all knowing, super intelligent, beautiful, wife will know it! Her sister is a photographer, and for a wedding present, they did a large portfolio for me.

scouser

well, if everyone else is doing it, I'm going to have to say "mine", simply because mine references something I was personally involved in.

david, I like the idea put forward in yours. However, when jury instructions are being discussed and the jury is not in the courtroom, certain "people" (and I use the term loosely) on the prosecution team pull faces similar to that seen on the kid who just got wedgied and crying "no, no, we can't tell them that" if informing the jury of their right and duty of nullification is so much as hinted at.

davidmcbeth

Banned
well, if everyone else is doing it, I'm going to have to say "mine", simply because mine references something I was personally involved in.

david, I like the idea put forward in yours. However, when jury instructions are being discussed and the jury is not in the courtroom, certain "people" (and I use the term loosely) on the prosecution team pull faces similar to that seen on the kid who just got wedgied and crying "no, no, we can't tell them that" if informing the jury of their right and duty of nullification is so much as hinted at.

Courts all over have rubber-stamped excluding nullification instructions and almost all wholeheartedly approves of not allowing jury instructions to include nullification.

I have spoken to prosecutors and they think that a jurist nullifying is illegal and violates the jurist oath ... this is false.

Who decides the law in this country? The people do. Pass as many laws as they like, the laws must pass muster with the people. Its the only partial democratic process left.

scouser

Courts all over have rubber-stamped excluding nullification instructions and almost all wholeheartedly approves of not allowing jury instructions to include nullification.

I have spoken to prosecutors and they think that a jurist nullifying is illegal and violates the jurist oath ... this is false.

Who decides the law in this country? The people do. Pass as many laws as they like, the laws must pass muster with the people. Its the only partial democratic process left.

David, if you ever take up the offer to come visit us and show us how it's done, let me know and you and I could have a good face to face chat about this very thing. I'll lay down just one condition, we do so sat at a bar with some (at least) half decent beer in our hands

davidmcbeth

Banned
David, if you ever take up the offer to come visit us and show us how it's done, let me know and you and I could have a good face to face chat about this very thing. I'll lay down just one condition, we do so sat at a bar with some (at least) half decent beer in our hands

I do not drink intoxicating beverages. And fake beer yuuuck !

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Would someone please tell me why davidmcbeth is trolling for dates?

Or is he just upping his post count?

Or is he -- no, I'm no longer licensed by the state to offer diagnostic opinions. Such a shame!

stay safe.