Thread: No CHP how to transport?

No CHP how to transport?

Hey guys I've recently been reading up on how to transport my handgun. I am new to open carry. And am nervous about getting harassed by Fairfax LEO. I read on a previous forums that u can keep it holstered as long as it isn't purposly concealed with a towel clothes ect. So if I open carry threw Walmart get in my car, seatbelt on, drive away get pulled over for taillight out. and they see my handgun, it's totally legal to have it on my hip with the mag in? One in the chamber? I didn't mention I have a firearm in the vehicle? What if he wants to run the guns numbers to make sure it's not stolen? Do I Hand it over? Right to search the vehicle? Sorry for the overload of questions. Just been hassled by police here for much more so minor offenses. "U didn't have your turn signal on, may I search your vehicle". "no". "why not? what we you hiding, I'm calling backup." Thanks for any help,advice, wisdom you can spare on a young, new gun owner. 😁😃

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshirley View Post
    Hey guys I've recently been reading up on how to transport my handgun. I am new to open carry. And am nervous about getting harassed by Fairfax LEO. I read on a previous forums that u can keep it holstered as long as it isn't purposly concealed with a towel clothes ect. So if I open carry threw Walmart get in my car, seatbelt on, drive away get pulled over for taillight out. and they see my handgun, it's totally legal to have it on my hip with the mag in? One in the chamber? I didn't mention I have a firearm in the vehicle? What if he wants to run the guns numbers to make sure it's not stolen? Do I Hand it over? Right to search the vehicle? Sorry for the overload of questions. Just been hassled by police here for much more so minor offenses. "U didn't have your turn signal on, may I search your vehicle". "no". "why not? what we you hiding, I'm calling backup." Thanks for any help,advice, wisdom you can spare on a young, new gun owner. ����

You don't need a permit to transport and you can put it In any secure container like the glove box. No duty to notify just don't lie about it and he can search your car only near you for weapons.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-26-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Banned
    LOL "call for backup" .. funny.

Like for speeding where I say (upon request to search) "you're not going to find any further evidence of speeding in my glove box are you?..so no I decline"

They can tear your seats out if they want and leave them on the side of the road.

Then the old "yo mamma" reply to every further query...they like that.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Hey guys I've recently been reading up on how to transport my handgun. I am new to open carry. And am nervous about getting harassed by Fairfax LEO. I read on a previous forums that u can keep it holstered as long as it isn't purposly concealed with a towel clothes ect. So if I open carry threw Walmart get in my car, seatbelt on, drive away get pulled over for taillight out. and they see my handgun, it's totally legal to have it on my hip with the mag in? One in the chamber? I didn't mention I have a firearm in the vehicle? What if he wants to run the guns numbers to make sure it's not stolen? Do I Hand it over? Right to search the vehicle? Sorry for the overload of questions. Just been hassled by police here for much more so minor offenses. "U didn't have your turn signal on, may I search your vehicle". "no". "why not? what we you hiding, I'm calling backup." Thanks for any help,advice, wisdom you can spare on a young, new gun owner. 😁😃
    If your gun is available to common observation, then it is openly carried. No mag or loaded chamber is just a fancy paper weight.

Read extensively on the subject in following link:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98912-Open-Carrying-in-Vehicle-without-a-CHP-%28Concealed-Handgun-Permit%29-STICKY

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Hey guys I've recently been reading up on how to transport my handgun. I am new to open carry. And am nervous about getting harassed by Fairfax LEO. I read on a previous forums that u can keep it holstered as long as it isn't purposly concealed with a towel clothes ect. So if I open carry threw Walmart get in my car, seatbelt on, drive away get pulled over for taillight out. and they see my handgun, it's totally legal to have it on my hip with the mag in? One in the chamber? I didn't mention I have a firearm in the vehicle? What if he wants to run the guns numbers to make sure it's not stolen? Do I Hand it over? Right to search the vehicle? Sorry for the overload of questions. Just been hassled by police here for much more so minor offenses. "U didn't have your turn signal on, may I search your vehicle". "no". "why not? what we you hiding, I'm calling backup." Thanks for any help,advice, wisdom you can spare on a young, new gun owner.
    HELL NO !!!

If you put your hand on it to remove it in order to hand it to him, what about his buddy who didn't hear the request? He sees you going for a gun and thinks you're about to start shooting at his fellow cop. Can you guess what happens next? You DO NOT touch it, usual advice is you inform him that you are not going to touch it and would rather, for the safety of everyone concerned, it just be left where it is, that you do not consent to any search of your person or belongings but will not physically prevent him doing so.

However, if you're so paranoid about being pulled over for stupid stuff, check all the lights on your vehicle every day before you get in it, get in the habit of using the turn signal for EVERY turn or lane change, turn your lights on (including the rear ones) when it's raining, stop when a light turns yellow, obey the speed limit, count to 17 at a stop sign ('discussion' I had many years ago with a cop in Toronto, he claimed I didn't stop "long enough" at a stop sign, I pointed out the sign only told me to stop it didn't tell me to stop and count to 10, he chose not to push the issue), keep your music to a level that doesn't intrude on the ears of people not in your vehicle, turn your ballcap the right way round, invest in a belt and pull your pants up, basically don't give them an excuse to pull you over

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    HELL NO !!!

If you put your hand on it to remove it in order to hand it to him, what about his buddy who didn't hear the request? He sees you going for a gun and thinks you're about to start shooting at his fellow cop. Can you guess what happens next? You DO NOT touch it, usual advice is you inform him that you are not going to touch it and would rather, for the safety of everyone concerned, it just be left where it is, that you do not consent to any search of your person or belongings but will not physically prevent him doing so.

However, if you're so paranoid about being pulled over for stupid stuff, check all the lights on your vehicle every day before you get in it, get in the habit of using the turn signal for EVERY turn or lane change, turn your lights on (including the rear ones) when it's raining, stop when a light turns yellow, obey the speed limit, count to 17 at a stop sign ('discussion' I had many years ago with a cop in Toronto, he claimed I didn't stop "long enough" at a stop sign, I pointed out the sign only told me to stop it didn't tell me to stop and count to 10, he chose not to push the issue), keep your music to a level that doesn't intrude on the ears of people not in your vehicle, turn your ballcap the right way round, invest in a belt and pull your pants up, basically don't give them an excuse to pull you over
    No belt and backwards cap is reason to pull over now? How can you even see what kind of pants he's wearing?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    No belt and backwards cap is reason to pull over now? How can you even see what kind of pants he's wearing?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Lol I stand corrected grape. Thanks for the correction sir.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Lol I stand corrected grape. Thanks for the correction sir.
    Had a better picture, but you did specify "he."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Had a better picture, but you did specify "he."
    Since the pronoun "he" is the proper gender to use in the English language for subjects where the sex of the subject is unknown, show the picture of the pretty ladies. Help those of us who may have had a bad day.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Since the pronoun "he" is the proper gender to use in the English language for subjects where the sex of the subject is unknown, show the picture of the pretty ladies. Help those of us who may have had a bad day.
    Yea I was being all proper like that's what I was doing [emoji14] . So I vote with this smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    .....Jeeps are for girls too.

That's just wrong grape lol

Ya can't make all of the people happy all of the time..........I am trying though.

Since You Insist

Since Grape wouldn't show you what you wanted to see, here is a really dirty picture for you http://www.carstuckgirls.com/sexy_co...in_mud_033.jpg

Don't blame me if you are caught looking at this filthy stuff :-)

Quote Originally Posted by half_life1052 View Post
    Since Grape wouldn't show you what you wanted to see, here is a really dirty picture for you http://www.carstuckgirls.com/sexy_co...in_mud_033.jpg

Don't blame me if you are caught looking at this filthy stuff :-)
    That's a dirty dirty girl. She's clearly down for anything. Not sure I'd take her home to mom like that.

That's a dirty dirty girl. She's clearly down for anything. Not sure I'd take her home to mom like that.
    Strange that there aren't volunteers to help with the clean up - its a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. Mike Rowe wouldn't hesitate.

Strange that there aren't volunteers to help with the clean up - its a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. Mike Rowe wouldn't hesitate.
    Maybe they know something we don't.... Like her face. [emoji39]

Didn't know you were taking volunteers. I'm in. If only to see what she looks like when she isn't covered in mud. Any woman that is willing to get that dirty has got to be fun.

;>)

If your gun is available to common observation, then it is openly carried. No mag or loaded chamber is just a fancy paper weight.

Read extensively on the subject in following link:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98912-Open-Carrying-in-Vehicle-without-a-CHP-%28Concealed-Handgun-Permit%29-STICKY

Ohh come on, there are other uses besides paper weight. In the movies they used guns for hammers.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    That's cruel... I had something else in mind, though these little munchkins are cuties. I admit to having a thing for little girls, having owned two of them myself at one time (they are fully grown ladies with their own families now).
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Buhahahaha you guys are clowns. This is my favorite forum site now. Much love guys! Stay dirty and carry on!