• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Colorado waitresses who tote food -- and firearms

Mr45ACP

CBS NEWS July 8, 2014, 6:49 AM

The Colorado waitresses who tote food -- and firearms

The town is called Rifle. The grill is called Shooters. So it's no surprise that the waitresses have an unusual dress code, CBS News correspondent Barry Petersen reports.

"I am carrying a Ruger 357 Blackhawk," said Ashlee Saenz, a waitress at Shooters. "I like the old style revolvers, and I just like big guns."

When owner Lauren Boebert started carrying a gun openly, which is legal in most parts of Colorado, the waitresses accessorized as well.

Dusty Sheets carries a Smith and Wesson 9 mm. Jessie Spaulding favors a Glock 9.

Boebert insists that the women be properly trained to protect -- and serve.

"There's room for errors in a lot of ways, so the best training is the best way to prevent those," Boebert said.

When asked about the possibility of a waitress shooting a customer, Bobert told CBS News, "we would go through extreme circumstances before that was our final option."

The Lacy family was split on the pistol-packing ladies when they visited. Jill was nervous.

"Uh, it's a little intimidating," she said. But nine-year-old Axel said he felt safer.

"They could just defend themselves and the store," he argued.

In Colorado, open carry requires no permit. A concealed weapon does.

And if you want to take it to the next level, Shooters offers the sidearm sandwich special. For $75 you can get a class on how to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon, along with a burger.

As Petersen says, these waitresses work in Colorado: the Old West, and if you can't handle them packing heat, get out of the kitchen.

"Maybe if someone wandered in from New York City, from Washington D.C., they might be a little worried, said Doug Yajko, an area doctor. "But the local people, plus the people in western Colorado, are not going to be worried by someone with a handgun."

When you see the shooters at Shooters, our advice is to leave a really good tip.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/waitresses-at-colorado-restaurant-carry-trays-of-food-firearms/

Last edited:

jackrockblc

I've been there.

The owner and waitresses are pretty damn hot (hey, even my wife - who was with me - admitted it). The prices are good. The food was excellent. And there's a pawn & gun store across the street (which I, of course, visited).

The line was literally out the door in July, but it moved pretty fast. I was, surprisingly, the only one openly carrying there, aside from the staff. I'm sure plenty of concealed carriers were there, too.

F350

steve & jack-

I had eaten lunch for maybe the fourth time and as the waitress brought the bill she said "OH! I didn't notice your open carry before, I'll have to go back and refigure this with your 10% discount". I only got to eat there one more time and told the waitress I had heard they had a discount for open carry, she said "Sure do, I see you're carrying so I'll take 10% off you bill".

I guess with the waitresses all carrying they don't tend to notice.

jackrockblc

Thanks for that. I hope to head back out to Grand Junction this summer, which puts Rifle right on my way. I'll see if i can convince the wife to eat there again (it wasn't hard last time).

bwarren917

All the perks of being a pilot.... I'll jump in my plane, buzz down for an afternoon, and be home before the end of the day. And I get to OC the whole time, that way, I can get my fix of hot chicks packin' heat! Gotta love it. (lol?)

SteveInCO

I was there last week. Unfortunately I was on my way on a trip where for ONE day there was no legal way to have a gun with me, so I was unarmed for the ENTIRE trip.

:cuss:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I was there last week. Unfortunately I was on my way on a trip where for ONE day there was no legal way to have a gun with me, so I was unarmed for the ENTIRE trip.

:cuss:

I am sure, I am Not the only one here to wonder...

Where were you going,,, on a Trip,,, where for one day,
their was no Legal way to have a Gun with you???

SteveInCO

I am sure, I am Not the only one here to wonder...

Where were you going,,, on a Trip,,, where for one day,
their was no Legal way to have a Gun with you???

A military base for three days, on the morning of the third day I had to check out of the hotel. Couldn't even have the gun in the trunk. This was in the PRK so carry wouldn't have been an option regardless of where I was.

Last edited: