• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill proposes guns to be taken from extreme people

OC for ME

Make sure that there is no exemption for citizens who are cops. Depending on the state, a wife beater, who is a cop, cannot possess a gat unless he is on duty that requires he to possess a gat.

Grim_Night

Make sure that there is no exemption for citizens who are cops. Depending on the state, a wife beater, who is a cop, cannot possess a gat unless he is on duty that requires he to possess a gat.

But what would stop said cop from using the department issue firearm in an unlawful manner? If the person is deemed to be unable to possess a firearm in their personal life, how would it be any different for them to possess one in their professional life? *chintap* I mean, surely the person would never commit a crime while on the job right??

Dave_pro2a

But what would stop said cop from using the department issue firearm in an unlawful manner? If the person is deemed to be unable to possess a firearm in their personal life, how would it be any different for them to possess one in their professional life? *chintap* I mean, surely the person would never commit a crime while on the job right??

birk-crosswalk-470.jpg

Oh, IDK... nothing.

OC Freedom

Washington becoming the new Kalifornia?

This is ripe for extreme abuse. Guilty until you prove your innocence. Angry family member out to get ya, ex wife maybe? No, its just a good common sense law.:uhoh:

Don't you worry, in time we will get that pesky "open carry right" made illegal. Looks like I got out just in time.

Dave_pro2a

Washington becoming the new Kalifornia?

This is ripe for extreme abuse. Guilty until you prove your innocence. Angry family member out to get ya, ex wife maybe? No, its just a good common sense law.:uhoh:

Don't you worry, in time we will get that pesky "open carry right" made illegal. Looks like I got out just in time.

It's a well funded national agenda. You're screwed too, just a matter of time.

OC Freedom

It's a well funded national agenda. You're screwed too, just a matter of time.

I don't think so, some research will show that so called "common sense gun laws" will not pass here. Very strong conservative base in this state, that's why I chose this state over others.

Dave_pro2a

I don't think so, some research will show that so called "common sense gun laws" will not pass here. Very strong conservative base in this state, that's why I chose this state over others.

Time. It's on their side.

Maybe not in your generation, but likely in your children's.

Don't worry, the feds will import more liberal voters.

OC for ME

Reassign the cop to any duties where a firearm is not issued to them, or where they have access to a firearm.

Primus

Reassign the cop to any duties where a firearm is not issued to them, or where they have access to a firearm.
Its obviously state dependent and probably even department depending but I know some require their guys to get and keep their LTC (or whatever license if there is one). For example we are like that. If a guy on the job gets a domestic violence charge his LTC gets yanked and no more duty gun. Guys used to carry on the "badge" but the department said no more. Too much liability.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Unlikely, Idaho year after year keeps moving to the right.

https://redvoter.wordpress.com/2014/05/08/how-idaho-became-so-red/

Unfortunately, Dave is correct OC. Idaho has adopted Common Core. We may be a bastion of gun loving, conservatives now, however, the progressives have a plan. They have had a plan and it has destroyed this country from the inside. They infiltrate the education system as "educators" and indoctrinate the youth that become our next leaders.

Is it going to be easy for them here, with such a strong gun culture? No. However be advised that the progressives are here and working to that end.

Seeing Washington suffer its woes makes me cringe. The State Line Road that I travel on goes in and out of Washington and Idaho. I would be a criminal on one stretch of the road and law abiding on the next. Not a welcome prospect.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

Then why restrict at all? To feel good about ones self after he injures someone?

I had Troops who were not allowed access to .gov weaponry of any kind after a conviction of domestic violence. The Army does not take it lightly.
Primus, I see your team has a similar policy. Smart. We all have a propensity to violence, it is how we channel that urge/skill that defines our civility.

OC Freedom

Unfortunately, Dave is correct OC. Idaho has adopted Common Core. We may be a bastion of gun loving, conservatives now, however, the progressives have a plan. They have had a plan and it has destroyed this country from the inside. They infiltrate the education system as "educators" and indoctrinate the youth that become our next leaders.

Is it going to be easy for them here, with such a strong gun culture? No. However be advised that the progressives are here and working to that end.

Seeing Washington suffer its woes makes me cringe. The State Line Road that I travel on goes in and out of Washington and Idaho. I would be a criminal on one stretch of the road and law abiding on the next. Not a welcome prospect.

I do not think common core will have much effect, but time will tell.

Living in Spokane for 14 years and going over to the Panhandle several times a week, I know what your talking about. The wife and I discussed moving just over the line into Post Falls, to get out of Washington, but we were just fed up with so much snow and we always liked the Boise area.

What I really miss about the area is White Elephant and Wolf Lodge steak house off of exit 22. Dang it, now I'm Salivating for their ribeye steak:mad:

Dave_pro2a

Last edited:

amlevin

Before you get your fruit of the looms all knotted, take some time and read how the law provides for due process. Nothing happens until after a hearing before a judge who's decision is subject to appeal.

Dave_pro2a

Before you get your fruit of the looms all knotted, take some time and read how the law provides for due process. Nothing happens until after a hearing before a judge who's decision is subject to appeal.

Because at every level the system is impartial, right.

Like the old man using a golf club as a cane, and the cop who lied about him swinging it at her, and the DA who forced a plea bargain using threats of longer sentences and more charges -- and it took a state legislator to cause him to be exonerated.

Oh yes, I trust those attorneys who sit behind the big desk at the front of the room to be honest and ethical when they hear an appeal on gun Rights issues. [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

OC Freedom

That's how it might read now. If these laws get passed, they will be amended, expanded, and become more severe. That's how it works with any gun control law the anti-2nd Amendment crowd push.

No more infringements. This madness needs to be fought and stopped.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"Extreme people" like a cop who lies about being threatened, arrests a person, causes them to be put into a position where they are coerced to accept a plea bargain... and later completely exonerated?

http://news.yahoo.com/seattle-officer-arrested-man-golf-club-reassigned-011055788.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fficer-arrested-man-golf-club-reassigned.html
252D8F7C00000578-2932419-image-m-55_1422586651243.jpg

This could have been another:
images

No recordings surfaced to bolster Whitlach's version of events, and after a state lawmaker questioned the arrest, the city attorney's office took another look. Prosecutors dismissed the conviction, and the police department apologized for the arrest and returned his golf club. [from link above]

Guy have to sign a receipt?