Thread: Lt Gov: OC not happening

Lt Gov: OC not happening

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...on-open-carry/

I said this 6 months ago, but was shouted down because I didn't live in Texas, lol. You have to know the neocon species and study it. Hope he's wrong.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    The people and 2nd rights organizations (if they really are 2nd rights organizations) should hold armed drills on/nearby the capitol bldg....showing that not only are americans ready to support RKBA but are ready to fight for it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

I said this 6 months ago, but was shouted down because I didn't live in Texas, lol. You have to know the neocon species and study it. Hope he's wrong.
    Geez get with the times and stop spreading pessimism. Edit: if you want to be up to date, avoid the truth about guns.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 01-29-2015 at 01:13 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    [ ... ] if you want to be up to date, avoid the truth about guns.
    +1 Like citing OCDO or Free Republic, a bit incestuous.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

He didn't say it wasn't happening anyway. Thread title is basically a lie.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

Dan Patrick:
    "As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead but suggested instead that, because the votes were not there (at this time), it had not risen to a level of priority....at this point. That is far different than saying an issue is not a priority, it just means work still needs to be done."
    "There are many in the Open Carry movement who are being productive and positive in helping to move the bill forward. The way to pass a bill is to build relationships and explain why your issue is good for Texas."
    "As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead ..."

Stop spreading pessimism. We in Texas still have work to do and we don't need people slowing us down or getting us down.
    Advocate freedom please

That's good, I hope you can get it passed. I won't be holding my breath though.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news...witter-premium
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.