Thread: WV Constitutional Carry bill retains voluntary CHP system?

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

WV Constitutional Carry bill retains voluntary CHP system?

West Virginia Citizens Defense League has introduced a bill (SB 347 ) The Bill is nick named "WV 3-22 Carry" as 3-22 is the WV RKBA statute of the WV Constitution.
    Anyway it is a "constitutional carry" bill however it also has specific language to keep a voluntary CHP permit system in place. The idea being not to lose reciprocity agreements with other states for those who would choose to do so.
    I would like your opinions on this. I imagine most people on here would support constitutional carry. My question is, generally speaking, do you agree with the state maintaining a voluntary CHP process?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

In this sense that with the way things for reciprocity it doesn't hurt anything and if it is voluntary who does it hurt.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Does AZ have a permit system? If voluntary means what we all think it means, no harm, no foul.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

"agree"

Yes. I agree with the State maintaining a "voluntary' CHP process. As Firearms Instructor states, who does it hurt? There is no doubt it helps with reciprocity. I believe the other 4 or 5 Constitutional Carry States also have a "voluntary" CHP process.

Its a good idea IMO. I almost didnt renew my CCP in NC but a friend reminded me that it will allow me to carry in other states. To me, that is one of the main reasons to have it, not to mention here in NC, you must have one to carry in places where alcohol is consumed as some other areas.

Good for when you want to cross into non-constitutional, permission slip, permit license (your papers please) territories.

You know... most of the United States.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    West Virginia Citizens Defense League has introduced a bill (SB 347 ) The Bill is nick named "WV 3-22 Carry" as 3-22 is the WV RKBA statute of the WV Constitution.
    Anyway it is a "constitutional carry" bill however it also has specific language to keep a voluntary CHP permit system in place. The idea being not to lose reciprocity agreements with other states for those who would choose to do so.
    I would like your opinions on this. I imagine most people on here would support constitutional carry. My question is, generally speaking, do you agree with the state maintaining a voluntary CHP process?
    Ya, like voluntarily filing your income tax return. Sure, you will voluntarily surrender your guns some day too. They now know who you are, what you have, and where to find it...
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

State Researcher
    It is a good idea to retain the permit system for two reasons:

1-Reciprocity / recognition in other States.

2-Compliance with Federal GFSZ laws, assuming that your State allows those with permits to carry into GFSZs.

I'm in Utah, but believe both Arizona and Alaska have retained their permit systems while also allowing permit-free or constitutional carry by removing penalties for carrying concealed without a permit.

Best of luck in getting this legislation advanced and passed into law.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Good luck WV! I see no harm in having a voluntary CC permit system.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Good luck WV! I see no harm in having a voluntary CC permit system.
    Thank you sir. Yes I hope it passes. But I have some mild reservations about supporting the system of concealed permits (even voluntary) since it is a waste of the people's resources and the encouragement of influencing folks to give up their rights to carry un-infringed.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand