• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you like to play a game? [/WOPER voice]

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First, bonus internets for the day for anybody who gets the thread title reference. You don't even have to post what it is, just go ahead and claim the internets and feel smug.

The why-did-they-do-that/why-did-they have-to-do-that game is being played elsewhere. First person to bring up the legal, moral, ethical, sociological or anything else related to the whys of the event is ruled "out" for the duration of this thread.

Go (once again?) to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGIS1Knpvs0#t=132

We've all seen enough cop shows, read enough "this is what you can expect to happen if you shoot someone" articles/books, and probably discussed to death police procedure.

The contest begins at the 11:10 mark.

Comment/review/question everything that happens from that point from your understanding of what police procedure is or your desire of what police procedure ought to be. (You cannot deal with anything that happened before the 11:10 mark or you will be disqualified, shamed, humiliated, shunned, and made to sit in the corner until your father gets home when he will take care of you for what you have done.)

Comment/review/question everything that you think went wrong, was done wrong, should have been done otherwise/should not have been done - but for that "should have been done otherwise/should not been done" be prepared to cite the cop show(s) (TV or movie) that supports your position.

Points will be subtracted for missing any of the blatantly obvious. Extra points may be awarded for bringing up the finer points missed/flubbed. No points, but recognition will be given for listing things that were done right/proper/according to Hoyle or per your cop show reference material. The judgement of the OP is final and you will be sent home if you do not play by his rules.

On your mark! Get set! Go!

stay safe.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Other than a couple of the cops need to contact Marie Osmond to learn how to start the Nutrisystem's diet plan, the problem started when the cop wanted to immediately relieve the person of the firearm.

I win by default because I was the first to answer after the 11:10 mark of December 15, 1791. And that's 11:10 post meridian.

Grim_Night

War Games = 1983 film staring Matthew Broderick. Unless you are talking about the 2001 film which featured the same WOPR (War Operation Plan Response) "super computer". And that's the other one, it's WOPR not WOPER.

As to the "11:10" mark, I believe the OP was talking about the 11 minute, 10 second mark in the video. The same time at which the officers opened fire.

My problem with the "rules" regarding no comments about events before the 11:10 mark, is the fact that many things happened before shots were fired that could have prevented a death. There were multiple times in which officer(s) had the girl subdued and thus no longer a threat but did not cuff her for her own safety. THAT is what was wrong with everything that happened. Period.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Other than a couple of the cops need to contact Marie Osmond to learn how to start the Nutrisystem's diet plan, the problem started when the cop wanted to immediately relieve the person of the firearm.

Barring some explanation on your part, it appears you have violated the rule about not referring to anything prior to the 11:10 mark. You are out!

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
My problem with the "rules" regarding no comments about events before the 11:10 mark, is the fact that many things happened before shots were fired that could have prevented a death. There were multiple times in which officer(s) had the girl subdued and thus no longer a threat but did not cuff her for her own safety. THAT is what was wrong with everything that happened. Period.

My problem with the rules is that you refuse to abide by them. You are out!

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It looks like the rules are a moving target.

It's not fair I tell ya, just not fair.

Doing this
when the rules say
You cannot deal with anything that happened before the 11:10 mark or you will be disqualified, shamed, humiliated, shunned, and made to sit in the corner until your father gets home when he will take care of you for what you have done.
What's not fair? Other than that you wilfully broke them and then got called for doing so?

stay safe.