Thread: WV gun shop owner calls Constitutionial Carry Bill "Horrible", Cites loss of revenue

WV gun shop owner calls Constitutionial Carry Bill "Horrible", Cites loss of revenue

Huge discussion here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Gun shops Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/glockcopllc

Gun shops website: http://www.fugitivetaskforce.org/

I'll just leave this here under the category "With friends like this ..."

Shameful.

What a jerk, my LGS only charges 25 dollars over cost for ordered firearms, and does not tack on shipping already paid. His customers must be all LEOs. I don't know about his classes but most states there is not much training in these CCW classes. I believe in NC it is 2 hours at the most of firearms training, the rest is legal, as in where you can carry a gun, and when you can shoot. I think most citizens are capable of figuring out the where to shoot for themselves by research and common sense. If they have no common sense they should not be carrying a gun. Plus add in the fact that many of these clowns teaching cannot stick to the laws and facts but interject their opinions, and politics.

It would be great to run false 2A supporters like this out of business.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    [ ... ]It would be great to run false 2A supporters like this out of business.
    On deFacedbook, well begun. Invisible except to their not-so-athletic supporters.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    How to be statist scum
    1. Don't produce anything of actual value that can be successfully sold in free market competition
    2. Create laws that force monopolies and that require the purchase of your services as a prerequisite to actioning rights
    3. Cry when principle makes its way and the rights of the people are on the brink of being properly recognized, citing your own personal greed as if it were a reason to continue oppression
    Advocate freedom please

Middle management in the CC Industrial Complex it seems.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

well what do you know?

A serf and his merchant are down in the dumps about the common rabble being made into true citizens.

Color me not impressed.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

But~but~but he is NRA certified...

"Help Help Mr NRA?"

Mr NRA: "Twizzle, Twazzle, Twozzle, Twome; time for this one to come home"
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It looks like Mr. John C Cliff Vinson has been the light and regrets his words.

I appreciate the intestinal fortitude it took for him to offer the apology.

I'm a skeptic by nature, so I'll remain skeptical.

Facta non verba applies.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Wow the WVCDL facebook page lit up. something close to 800 comments on that post from the OP from WVCDL members royally pissed off.
    Without a doubt back peddling and falling in line with 2A supporters was a most wise business decision for him.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Wow the WVCDL facebook page lit up. something close to 800 comments on that post from the OP from WVCDL members royally pissed off.
    Without a doubt back peddling and falling in line with 2A supporters was a most wise business decision for him.
    I don't even have a Facebook account, on purpose, but I believe, in good faith, that WVCDL members in their infinite wisdom, acted much like the cowboys in this commercial, and ol' John boy acted much like Cookie the cook did in this timeless commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxnieYctVM
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Here is the key point to his post...
    I have trained over 2,000 people...
    In other words if people are "allowed" their constitutional rights he looses a BIG revenue stream!!!

Say classes are $75 X 2,000= $150,000
    Last edited by F350; 01-31-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Learn the history of the dispensation of indulgences, be they from damnation or be they from infringement. 300,000 Northern Europeans died to deny the power to offer indulgences.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Here is the key point to his post...In other words if people are "allowed" their constitutional rights he looses a BIG revenue stream!!! Say classes are $75 X 2,000= $150,000
    IIRC after twenty-ish years, my training counselor, to certify me as instructor, cost $500 plus expenses for each of the dozen or so class members. He very grandly hosted dinner in a hotel that I would never have afforded.

Banned
    You need to train to use your speech? To refuse to be unlawfully searched? To remain silent?

No.

No training can be required for anything gun related. Purchase, carry , etc.

Sorry folks that think otherwise.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You need to train to use your speech? To refuse to be unlawfully searched? To remain silent?

No.

No training can be required for anything gun related. Purchase, carry , etc.

Sorry folks that think otherwise.
    Citizen: "I don't consent to searches or seizures"
    Cop: "I'll need to see your ID to verify you don't have outstanding warrants and aren't a felon, as well as your permit to decline searches"

Never thought about it like that before.
    Advocate freedom please

I hate to say it of a gun shop but he was certainly concerned about his revenue over People's rights.
    Makes me wonder how the sign maker felt when told his "Whites Only" signs would no longer be purchased.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Anyone here support required training for unlicensed Constitutional Carry? I'm not sure how it could work, but it's an idea to appease the antis and also stick to our principles...and remain anonymous and "unregistered."

Just a quick idea. Maybe I should have thought before I posted, but sometimes it's more fun to chat about ideas and come to a collective consensus.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Anyone here support required training for unlicensed Constitutional Carry? I'm not sure how it could work, but it's an idea to appease the antis and also stick to our principles...and remain anonymous and "unregistered."

Just a quick idea. Maybe I should have thought before I posted, but sometimes it's more fun to chat about ideas and come to a collective consensus.
    I absolutely support the idea. 9th grade. 10th grade. 11th grade. 12th grade.

Not a bad idea...maybe some required range time for school credit?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Bring you guns to class day - range training for all 10th graders. Ammunition and Range Safety Officers will be furnished by the Dad's Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Bring you guns to class day - range training for all 10th graders. Ammunition and Range Safety Officers will be furnished by the Dad's Club.

Actually in the late '60s we did have firearms safety training in either 5th or 6th grade in Southern Indiana. I remember at least 2 times the state Conservation Dept sent game wardens to our school to conduct the training in the spring. The wardens did a demo of the power of a shotgun by shooting a large can of tomato juice on the playground.

During Jr High we took our shotguns on the school bus in the morning, locked them in the hall lockers and hunted our way home in the afternoon. In High School we had a "diagonal" class (1st period Mon, 2nd period Tues, 3rd period Wed) so last period Fri had no class so we had activity clubs that included trap & skeet, archery & 3 position small bore.Again we often locked our own guns & bows in hall lockers or left them hanging in the rear windows of our pickups. Deer season came with 2 unofficial half day excused absences, come in late or leave early.

Seems like a whole 'nother world today, (heck) all the guys carried 4" folding knives in belt pouches in Jr and High school, the vice-principal patrolled the halls with a 3 foot board and dealt instant justice and instead of suing the parents likely administered additional justice upon arriving home. This must be Bazarro World!! (How many of you young-uns get that)

The world was rational then. What changed it? Rise of litigation, teacher unions, 'new math'.

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    The world was rational then. What changed it? Rise of litigation, teacher unions, 'new math'.

Common core.

I was thinking as early as 2nd grade, personally.