• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WV gun shop owner calls Constitutionial Carry Bill "Horrible", Cites loss of revenue

WalkingWolf

What a jerk, my LGS only charges 25 dollars over cost for ordered firearms, and does not tack on shipping already paid. His customers must be all LEOs. I don't know about his classes but most states there is not much training in these CCW classes. I believe in NC it is 2 hours at the most of firearms training, the rest is legal, as in where you can carry a gun, and when you can shoot. I think most citizens are capable of figuring out the where to shoot for themselves by research and common sense. If they have no common sense they should not be carrying a gun. Plus add in the fact that many of these clowns teaching cannot stick to the laws and facts but interject their opinions, and politics.

It would be great to run false 2A supporters like this out of business.

stealthyeliminator

How to be statist scum
1. Don't produce anything of actual value that can be successfully sold in free market competition
2. Create laws that force monopolies and that require the purchase of your services as a prerequisite to actioning rights
3. Cry when principle makes its way and the rights of the people are on the brink of being properly recognized, citing your own personal greed as if it were a reason to continue oppression

WalkingWolf

But~but~but he is NRA certified...

"Help Help Mr NRA?"

Mr NRA: "Twizzle, Twazzle, Twozzle, Twome; time for this one to come home"

twoskinsonemanns

Wow the WVCDL facebook page lit up. something close to 800 comments on that post from the OP from WVCDL members royally pissed off.
Without a doubt back peddling and falling in line with 2A supporters was a most wise business decision for him.

Custodian

Wow the WVCDL facebook page lit up. something close to 800 comments on that post from the OP from WVCDL members royally pissed off.
Without a doubt back peddling and falling in line with 2A supporters was a most wise business decision for him.

I don't even have a Facebook account, on purpose, but I believe, in good faith, that WVCDL members in their infinite wisdom, acted much like the cowboys in this commercial, and ol' John boy acted much like Cookie the cook did in this timeless commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxnieYctVM

F350

Here is the key point to his post...
I have trained over 2,000 people...

In other words if people are "allowed" their constitutional rights he looses a BIG revenue stream!!!

Say classes are $75 X 2,000= $150,000

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
You need to train to use your speech? To refuse to be unlawfully searched? To remain silent?

No.

No training can be required for anything gun related. Purchase, carry , etc.

Sorry folks that think otherwise.

stealthyeliminator

You need to train to use your speech? To refuse to be unlawfully searched? To remain silent?

No.

No training can be required for anything gun related. Purchase, carry , etc.

Sorry folks that think otherwise.

Citizen: "I don't consent to searches or seizures"
Cop: "I'll need to see your ID to verify you don't have outstanding warrants and aren't a felon, as well as your permit to decline searches"

Never thought about it like that before.

twoskinsonemanns

I hate to say it of a gun shop but he was certainly concerned about his revenue over People's rights.
Makes me wonder how the sign maker felt when told his "Whites Only" signs would no longer be purchased.

The Truth

Anyone here support required training for unlicensed Constitutional Carry? I'm not sure how it could work, but it's an idea to appease the antis and also stick to our principles...and remain anonymous and "unregistered."

Just a quick idea. Maybe I should have thought before I posted, but sometimes it's more fun to chat about ideas and come to a collective consensus.

twoskinsonemanns

Anyone here support required training for unlicensed Constitutional Carry? I'm not sure how it could work, but it's an idea to appease the antis and also stick to our principles...and remain anonymous and "unregistered."

Just a quick idea. Maybe I should have thought before I posted, but sometimes it's more fun to chat about ideas and come to a collective consensus.

I absolutely support the idea. 9th grade. 10th grade. 11th grade. 12th grade.

HPmatt

Bring you guns to class day - range training for all 10th graders. Ammunition and Range Safety Officers will be furnished by the Dad's Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350

Bring you guns to class day - range training for all 10th graders. Ammunition and Range Safety Officers will be furnished by the Dad's Club.

Actually in the late '60s we did have firearms safety training in either 5th or 6th grade in Southern Indiana. I remember at least 2 times the state Conservation Dept sent game wardens to our school to conduct the training in the spring. The wardens did a demo of the power of a shotgun by shooting a large can of tomato juice on the playground.

During Jr High we took our shotguns on the school bus in the morning, locked them in the hall lockers and hunted our way home in the afternoon. In High School we had a "diagonal" class (1st period Mon, 2nd period Tues, 3rd period Wed) so last period Fri had no class so we had activity clubs that included trap & skeet, archery & 3 position small bore.Again we often locked our own guns & bows in hall lockers or left them hanging in the rear windows of our pickups. Deer season came with 2 unofficial half day excused absences, come in late or leave early.

Seems like a whole 'nother world today, (heck) all the guys carried 4" folding knives in belt pouches in Jr and High school, the vice-principal patrolled the halls with a 3 foot board and dealt instant justice and instead of suing the parents likely administered additional justice upon arriving home. This must be Bazarro World!! (How many of you young-uns get that)

HPmatt

The world was rational then. What changed it? Rise of litigation, teacher unions, 'new math'.