View Poll Results: If Indiana went Constitutional Carry, would it help KY pass a similar law?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

3 25.00%
  • Doubtful

2 16.67%
  • Maybe

2 16.67%
  • Yes

3 25.00%
  • Unsure

2 16.67%

Thread: If Indiana goes constitutional carry, could it help KY go constitutional carry too?

If Indiana goes constitutional carry, could it help KY go constitutional carry too?

If Indiana goes constitutional carry, could it help KY go constitutional carry too?

I was reading a thread about Indiana might go Constitutional Carry. I know it is a stretch, but if Indiana goes constitutional carry..could it help Kentucky also go constitutional carry being a border state and such?

I remember there was a bill a few years ago for KY Constitutional Carry, obviously it didn't pass.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Not so sure.

The District of Columbia borders Virginia
    California borders Nevada and Arizona
    South Carolina of course borders North Carolina

I'm not sure that bordering states affect each other without taking into reason a lot of factors.
    Last edited by Custodian; 01-30-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    The District of Columbia borders Virginia
    California borders Nevada and Arizona
    South Carolina of course borders North Carolina

I'm not sure that bordering states affect each other without taking into reason a lot of factors.
    +1

I would say yes. It's not about the border, it's about every time a state switches to Constitutional Carry, the other states see that it didn't lead to "bloodbath", "wild west" and "rampages".

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

Nobody, except a few naive kooks, believes that it would lead to any of that, because there is no evidence that it has in the past. Those are just the arguments anti gun people use, because there is nothing else, except the truth, which is, "I don't want any pro gun laws. I don't like guns. I want to get rid of guns entirely and I know I can't do that, so I want to make it as difficult as I can for anyone to buy or carry a gun."

Ky will get constitutional carry when the members of the General Assembly decide that it is in their best interest to pass it. Most of them don't give a damn about "gun rights" or "constitutional rights", they care about getting reelected and moving up in the hierarchy. So far, they have not detected any demand for constitutional carry. I'd bet that not 15 members of the House and Senate know what "constitutional carry" is. The state constitution gives the General Assembly the authority to legislate concealed weapons. They seldom vote to surrender any of their authority.
    I know that it's used by the anti-gun people, and that's my point. The facts can wipe off their false statements about those "bloodbath" lies, and how to get facts? With more states go to Constitutional Carry.

Unfortunately there are not only "a few naive kooks", but the media, the press and anti-gun groupls brainwashed masses. If it would be only a few people like them, the country would have Constitutional Carry in all 50 states already.

The problem is, there were like 12 states what wanted to change their laws to Constitutonal Carry. However it was in 2012. And you know what's happened in 2012 December. And that tragic thing was used by the media, the press, the anti-gun grous and the government to stop the Constitutional Carry change. Later, the people realized that the 2012 tragic had nothing to do with gun-laws or any laws in fact, but it was too late. The Const.Carry laws got killed and the introduced laws thrown in the trashcan. But now -since the the anti-gun propaganda got weak-, there is chance again to change the laws and make them better, letting the people use their license-less carry rights.
    Last edited by Steve47; 02-01-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Maybe, Yes and maybe, No. One thing is certain, it doesn't hurt and the more states that have it and show that it works the more reasonable the argument in favor of it sounds.
    Whether it helps more with a border state, who knows. Indiana had concealed carry for 40 years before Ky. got it, so that didn't mean much.

In the 2010 and 2011 sessions of the General Assembly, Mike Harmon of Danville introduced a constitutional carry bill in the House. Those bills were never given a committee hearing and it has not returned since.
    I agree with the above. BTW, I've counted 9 states with similar bills this session, and most seem to have a very real shot at passing. We hear of "wave" elections, and I believe the same goes for legislation. The NRA is backing several of these bills, so added muscle will help.

Kentucky is already constitutional carry, at least constitutional open carry.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I wanted to vote in the poll in this thread but I didn't know whether I should vote "Maybe", "Doubtful" or "Unsure". I hope "Doubtful" wins, but "Unsure" has always been a favorite of mine.
    Who's on first?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/91...aseball-comedy
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-07-2015 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It's not just Indiana considering Constitutional Carry but West Virginia too!

It's not just Indiana considering Constitutional Carry but our other neighbor, West Virginia!

Things are heating up. The WV Senate passed 32-2 to eliminate the concealed permit requirement AND to make the legal age to carry 18 from where it is 21 now.

"West Virginia Senate: The 2nd Amendment Is A Concealed Carry Permit"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-carry-permit/

"Senator Robert Kames (R-Upshur) said, “This is a United States constitutional right. The 2nd Amendment recognizes this inherent right.” Senator Charles Trump (R-Morgan) added, “This bill eliminates the crime of carrying a concealed weapon in West Virginia.”

West Virginia is going constitutional carry. Is Kentucky next?

Well it looks like our neighbor, West Virginia is going constitutional carry. The bill passed the Senate and the House and the article says it is Veto Proof. Maybe we could try again with (Concealed) Constitutional Carry in the Bluegrass

WV: Constitutional Carry Passes the House with Bi-Partisan Support

http://concealednation.org/2015/03/w...tisan-support/

"On the third read today, the 12th of March, it passed with 71 to 29. The vote was both bi-partisan and sufficient to override a veto. 51 Republicans and 20 Democrats voted for the bill. 13 Republicans and 16 Democrats voted against it."