• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regarding the open carry ban in the Washington State Capital chambers.

RogueReflections

So, I read a really insightful and thought-provoking comment today, regarding firearms in the Washington State Capital chambers. Ironically, I read it in the pissed off moms against guns venue, but it still made a lot of sense. The politicians in our state have, thankfully, upheld our open carry laws for some time. All of a sudden, when people show up on their "doorstep" or in their proverbial "backyard" open carrying, they suddenly feel unsafe and start passing laws or instituting bans, under the guise of "protesting and props", but ultimately talked about it being a safety issue.

The commenter in the pissed off moms against guns group was basically asking why they support the laws within communities but all sudden run scared when the issue is facing them personally. He illustrated a point that our lawmakers are OK with open carry, so long as it does not affect them or they don't have to see it. While I read this comment from a flagrantly hypocritical and anti gun group, the question he posed made agree that his question had merit.

I guess I will pose this question to all of my friends, acquaintances and colleagues to try to get some insight and discussion started as to why it is acceptable for our lawmakers to support open carry, so long as it is not around them?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Wasn't open carry fine in the legislative chambers until some dipchits carried "assault" rifles at low-ready? Those idiot a-holes should have been arrested for contempt, the same as someone using foul language out of turn at the assembly, despite rights to "free speech."

Jeff Hayes

Wasn't open carry fine in the legislative chambers until some dipchits carried "assault" rifles at low-ready? Those idiot a-holes should have been arrested for contempt, the same as someone using foul language out of turn at the assembly, despite rights to "free speech."

No they should have arrested the --Mod edited-- for violating RCW 9.41.270, which they clearly did.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
No they should have arrested the --Mod edited-- for violating RCW 9.41.270, which they clearly did.

Better yet, yes. And we should be insisting on it, still, if the perpetrators are known.

Last edited by a moderator:

SovereigntyOrDeath

2 Sides of the Coin Boys.

Forgive the interruption, but after being directed to this thread (AGAIN), I'm going to put a few thoughts here. Please also forgive the bullet points...again. (Come on you guys, why am I having to do this again?)

1. I have yet to see a single person on this thread---even those who claim that they were "there"---be able to say they were in the gallery at the time.

2. I WAS in the gallery. In fact, I was the first one in there. You can see me in the Carhartt coat, in the front, turned to the side, wearing a green watch cap. Therefore, I would posit that I am in a better position than anyone on this thread to tell you what happened inside the gallery.

3. That means I was also looking in the same direction as the supposed muzzle sweep. Which, by the way, was not occurring.

4. While out in front of the Capitol, we cleared our weapons before transferring them. I find it difficult to believe that a) the State Trooper standing 10 feet from me would have let ANYONE "sweep the crowd", b) anyone would have seen us if we DID do that. Why? Because they were staring in front of them at the speaker like a bunch of sheep who just got done eating. The only people looking up at us were the media, who left covering the rally to come stick their cameras in our faces and cover the REAL story, which at that particular moment was about 20 patriots violating I-594 in full view of the State Patrol on the Capitol steps. How do I know that? Because I was standing there, staring at all of you. Or, should I say, I was staring at the backs of your heads.

5. Contrary to what some folks are having a lot of fun spreading around (No names, of course), we didn't go into the gallery hooting and hollering. We walked in quietly, and then we noticed the legislators peeking out from behind the curtains like timid schoolgirls. Did some folks call out to them and ask what the deuce? Yup. They did. They also asked, rather loudly, if this was what our taxes were being spent for, and one guy told them to come out and earn their paycheck.

6. We did NOT, I repeat, DID NOT "wave our guns in the air." We lifted them for a photo. That's it. By the way, if a few folks on this thread can't figure out how someone could possibly lift their weapon over their head without flagging someone, then I suggest you take a gun safety course because it sounds like you need one.

7. Speaking of gun safety courses, I don't care how many people on this thread claim that their firearm instructor buddies said... I don't care. I was there. I saw them. I saw where the guns were pointed. I'm the liaison who talked to the WSP at the 13th rally, the 15th, and for the upcoming 7th rally. We coordinate with them before we come, we provide intel on people we think will be a problem (instigators and nutjobs), we talk to them while we're there, and we talk to them afterwards as well. This time was no different. And for the record, I personally called the WSP after the 15th rally and discussed the AR pistol with them. While I know most of the people who came with us, there were a few I did not. He was one of them, and he chose to ignore several directives by us before going in. That is his choice, and quite frankly, the photo of him and his rifle wasn't the problem. His inciting people to try and go down on to the House floor and put our feet on the desks was, and he got told in no uncertain terms to cut it out. I know that, because I'm the one who told him to stop it.

8. People can whine all day about our methods. The bottom line is this: The legislature, the speaker, the Lt. Gov, all of these people have two things in common. 1) They are charged with securing and maintaining the rights of the people, who according to the state Constitution and the US Constitution, hold all political power. 2) They do not have the right to tell the people when and where they can exercise their right to arms while in their own Capitol. That building does not belong to Jim Moeller, or Laurie Jinkins, or anyone else. It belongs to the people of the State of Washington, who have the right according to the supreme law of the land, to bear arms without infringement. It's that simple. If the legislature is so terrified of citizens sitting in the gallery with (UNLOADED!!!) rifles, then the question is not "why are you guys bringing rifles in the gallery?" The question is "what are our legislators doing that they would have anything to fear at all from armed constituents watching them do it?"

The answer is in the daily sheets outlining the bills being introduced. Do you know how many gun control bills have been introduced in the last few weeks alone? Are you aware that Laurie Jinkins, the head of the Judiciary committee, is purposely blocking pro-gun bills from leaving committee, while ramming through her own draconian bills meant to disarm the populace? Are you aware that she is a member of the national group of state legislators tasked with bringing to fruition a disarmament of the nation?

We are going back on the 7th of February, and we will defy their unconstitutional laws and arbitrary rules. They will arrest some of us---not only has the WSP stated that publicly, but my contact there has told me that personally. But what you don't understand is that we have no other choice. While others play with court cases that will take forever, and others call legislators who don't give a rat's rectum about what the will of the people is, someone has to go down there and STAND. That is what we're doing. That is what we will continue to do.

For those of you who know Mike Vanderboegh, he'll be standing with us on the 7th. The speakers on the 7th are the state reps from the Freedom Agenda Team. I see some of you will be there as well. Please come find me (redhead, nose ring, tattoos). I want to shake your hand and say thank you, but right now it feels like we are standing alone while everyone else sits back and quarterbacks from their keyboard.

Some of you keep claiming that we are turning Washington into a battleground. What you haven't figured out yet is that it's already BEEN one for a long time. It's just that now, people are finally showing up to fight.

Hopefully some of the haters will get a different perspective on the situation.

It would seem that it is time to stop bickering and confront the real enemy.

Who will be there on the 7th from this forum besides me?

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Only a dipchit would think there were "assault" rifles there.

Or a FUDD.

Jim-Zumbo-Outdoor-Life-Quote.jpg