• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.Va. - National Leader on Campus Safety

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[h=3]U.Va. head: School to be national leader on campus safety[/h]"University of Virginia President Teresa Sullivan said in remarks Friday to the campus community that she wants the school to become a national leader in improving campus safety."

Does this mean that all legal students, staff, and visitors will be able to carry as they please anywhere on university property? Be still my beating heart.

[h=3][/h]

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nope, once again, the real life of the liberal mind is quite beyond belief. As we so often say, you REALLY just can't make this stuff up. And it's the Republicans who have this "War on Women" going? Riiiiigghhhht....

Imagine. Just TRY to IMAGINE what the media reaction would be if a Sarah Palin had merely suggested this course of action. Seriously.

TFred

U-Va. sorority sisters ordered to stay home Saturday night for their own safety – while fraternity brothers party
Women must know their limitations and their proper place....no short skirts either.

They are being (de)graded by their own thoughts.

user

Accomplished Advocate
It can only mean that they're going to hire armed University Police to guard every classroom, every hallway, every stairwell, the entrance to every building, their cute little bus line, and every parking lot. They'd never allow the lawful exercise of the right to self defense on campus if they can help it. It's too dangerous.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It sounds like Teresa is suggesting that the students should use their seat cushion as a flotation device.
Excellent analogy.

That has worked well for the airlines.........I hear that they recover a lot of seat cushions that way.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It can only mean that they're going to hire armed University Police to guard every classroom, every hallway, every stairwell, the entrance to every building, their cute little bus line, and every parking lot. They'd never allow the lawful exercise of the right to self defense on campus if they can help it. It's too dangerous.

The good guys are safer when the cops hang around the bad guys. Statistically, we good guys are NOT as safe with a bunch of armed cops around.

HPmatt

They are going to hire the VA alcohol police to strip search all the Co-eds buying water at local Convenience stores that also sell booze.
Ms Daly, who graduated from UVA under a jail-study program, supervised by recently re-elected VA Legislator Morrissey, is fully on board with the Safety Goal...."I feel so much safer now that UVA frat boys are not attending any of our Sorority parties anymore"...

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/b...cle_b5ab5f62-df9b-11e2-81c4-0019bb30f31a.html

'Also, since the VA taxpayers, on behalf of the VA ABC, have paid me $212,000, I think UVA will be much safer using the VA ABC safety handbook'.....

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/31/virginia...tudent-arrested-while-buying-sparkling-water/

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Prosecutors say she apologized profusely when she realized who the agents were. But that wasn't good enough for ABC agents, who charged her with three felonies. Prosecutors withdrew those charges Thursday in Charlottesville General District Court, but Daly still can't understand why she sat in jail.
The state has successfully brainwashed another innocent child.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
They'll be unarmed, but I hear that they'll be getting some excellent training! :)

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif