• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Board Election - California Gun Forum Wants To Refight The Civil War

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
A concerted effort?

One guy posts about a rumor, and goes to some length to repeat that it is just a rumor. Perhaps trying too hard to press the "it's just a rumor" line.

But that is a concerted effort?

stay safe.

district9

One guy posts about a rumor, and goes to some length to repeat that it is just a rumor. Perhaps trying too hard to press the "it's just a rumor" line.

But that is a concerted effort?

stay safe.

Too much hype in the thread title? :D

I had to reread my own link. I meant the allegation was that there was a concerted effort by southern NRA members to keep someone off the NRA board because of his religious affiliation (Jewish). It's probably just one of those "ends justify the means" things so common in campaigns ie they want to keep a Californian on the board, and posting stuff like this might get more Californians to vote for the guy. Still pretty sleazy IMHO. FWIW one guy posted the rumor, and another guy went to some lengths to justify why it was OK. Kind of ironic given there is a link on Drudge to the most recent anti Semitic incident which took place in Sacramento.