Thread: Video - "Leading firearms civil disobedience in Arizona - Dr Peter Steinmetz"

Video - "Leading firearms civil disobedience in Arizona - Dr Peter Steinmetz"

Here is a link to Adam Kokesh interviewing me about my open carry demonstration at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport as well as some recent interactions with the TSA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdNu9nV6fs

AK used an interesting phrase, authoritarian personality disorder. Off to the DSM... not right away as I'm in the middle of IPython.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    "Go ask those people over there if they are willing to be a victim"

Sigh, good job oath keepers.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Maricopa County where Sheriff Joe Arpaio, “America’s Toughest Sheriff,” has jurisdiction is an equal rights offender. Sounds par for the course. Rights, you ain't got no rights......

Video of return of my AR-15

This is a video of ABC-15s coverage of the return of my AR-15 rifle this morning. It took a while to get it back.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...-gets-gun-back

Terms of the deal sounds like you caved - no OC for two years, give $500 to kids charity and no guns in Maricopa airports for 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    This is a video of ABC-15s coverage of the return of my AR-15 rifle this morning. It took a while to get it back.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...-gets-gun-back
    It sounded like you broke the law and literally paid for it.

Is AZ Constitutional Carry or not?
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

They told him to take off the rifle, when he did they found two women on a bench next to him and asked "did that threaten you?" What do you think they said??? So they threw spaghetti FELONY reckless handling of a firearms charges at him. Or at least that's what I suspect happened. Cops are really good at creative writing and herding sheep to say what they want them too, IMHO. Comply you lose - disobey bayou lose. Possibly your life. Their objective was to stop him & to punish him for offending their idea of what is good behaviors (law had little to do with this arrest IMHO
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Can't edit typo above not sure how bayou got there?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Tapatalk / forum glitch???
    When attempting to edit the post above I receive the following message:

POST Error
    The title that you have entered is too long (87 characters).
    Please shorten it to 85 characters long.
    [OK] <- button that has no effect when clicked other than allows you to escape the error message, but (user) I -cannot edit the thread title, as I am not the thread author. ???

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Terms of the deal sounds like you caved - no OC for two years, give $500 to kids charity and no guns in Maricopa airports for 2 years?
    To clarify, terms of the deal were no OC at the airports in Maricopa Country for 2 years. No restrictions on CC or at other airports. $500 to a gun-related youth charity of my choice. Take 3 firearms classes.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereigntyOrDeath View Post
    It sounded like you broke the law and literally paid for it.

Is AZ Constitutional Carry or not?
    It is a constitutional carry state and I did break or admit to breaking any law.

The situation that developed illustrates well the problems with mandatory minimum sentencing and juries not being fully informed.

Because the alleged crime involved an AR-15, it is an alleged dangerous nature offense, and each count involves a 2 year mandatory minimum prison sentence.

Since even with the evidence on your side (in this case would have been the video and my testimony about where the muzzle was pointed), there is always some chance you will be found guilty, perhaps 5% error. If I had chosen to fight this, I would be taking a 5% chance of serving 4 years in prison.

We continue to fight this false arrest and its implications with a number of civil actions which don't involve the possibility of prison time.
    Last edited by PeterNSteinmetz; 02-19-2015 at 07:15 PM.

It is a constitutional carry state and I did break or admit to breaking any law.

The situation that developed illustrates well the problems with mandatory minimum sentencing and juries not being fully informed.

Because the alleged crime involved an AR-15, it is an alleged dangerous nature offense, and each count involves a 2 year mandatory minimum prison sentence.

Since even with the evidence on your side (in this case would have been the video and my testimony about where the muzzle was pointed), there is always some chance you will be found guilty, perhaps 5% error. If I had chosen to fight this, I would be taking a 5% chance of serving 4 years in prison.

We continue to fight this false arrest and its implications with a number of civil actions which don't involve the possibility of prison time.
    I thankyou for your activism, and it takes sand to carry an AR15 at an airport.

Taking the deal is the smart play. Possible prison time for following the law is to high of a risk in my opinion. We need to pick our battles for it has been and will continue to be a long war for the RKBA.

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar

Smart choice. The judicial system is not perfect and a 5% chance to lose your freedom is not worth it if you are not willing to suffer the worst.

Thank you for your activism.
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson