• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jerry Patterson drops open carry truth bombs on Fox

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
What an awesome interview! Man, Jerry was on point with those answers. I wish this guy was still a Senator. Loved that little chuckle when the reporter said she talked to a police chief in California and ...gasp, he was against it.

fjpro2a

So so

Jerry Patterson wasn't bad, but he could have done a much better job. In the beginning, in a response about Ferguson, Missouri, he didn't even seem to know that open carry is allowed in Missouri.

Baked on Grease

Jerry Patterson wasn't bad, but he could have done a much better job. In the beginning, in a response about Ferguson, Missouri, he didn't even seem to know that open carry is allowed in Missouri.
He's from CA right? I am from VA which is about as far away from Missouri as CA and I didn't know that off the top of my head. I don't expect people to know the laws from every state at a whim.

Elm Creek Smith

So the reporter lady talked to a police chief in San Diego, California, about open carry and that police chief was against it, and against law abiding citizens carrying guns at all! Really? Does this surprise anyone? Now, the big question: Why did she ask someone in California about a proposed law in Texas, anyway? Did she have to call that far away in order to get a law enforcement official who was against law abiding citizens carrying guns?

I haven't found any LEOs in Oklahoma who are opposed to our licensed concealed carry/open carry law. I would prefer constitutional concealed/open carry myself, but I can live with what we have. I like Jerry Patterson's comments!