Thread: 3 y.o. Toddler wounds both parents with shot from handgun. Another one.

3 y.o. Toddler wounds both parents with shot from handgun. Another one.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - A 3-year-old boy found a handgun in his mother's purse and fired just one shot that wounded both his parents at an Albuquerque motel on Saturday, police said. According to investigators, the toddler apparently reached for an iPod but found the loaded weapon. Police believe the shooting to be accidental.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2799515...t-from-handgun

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dM16Dqazxs4CvBM 223 articles ATM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-01-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

People that store firearms in reach of a small child are complete idiots that make the rest of us look bad. I have a 2 year old and if she is awake the pistol is up on top of the fridge or on my hip, not on a counter top, not in a bag, not anywhere she could possibly reach it and have a ND. One must always be mindful and thoughtful with a firearm.
    Last edited by The Truth; 02-01-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    People that store firearms in reach of a small child are complete idiots that make the rest of us look bad. I have a 2 year old and if she is awake the pistol is up on top of the fridge or on my hip, not on a counter top, not in a bag, not anywhere she could possibly reach it and have a ND. One must always be mindful and thoughtful with a firearm.
    I also hoped you have showed it to her, let her properly handle with your help empty and told her never point it at any body that it is a real gun then, told her never to touch it with out your permission.

These actions take away all the curiosity and teaches them some responsibility.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I have done this with all my kids. Once they can hold it and see what it is they don't care about so much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    +1 At that age you cannot just count on them not touching a gun because you make them familiar with it. Toddlers want to handle things, either carry that gun on the person or lock it up. And putting it high is not a cure. We almost lost our daughter at that age from iron poisoning, from flintstone vitamins of all things. She climbed the cabinets when we were asleep to get to them. I always kept my guns locked while asleep, never would have imagined she would climb the cabinets. Had no idea that vitamins were that dangerous.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I also hoped you have showed it to her, let her properly handle with your help empty and told her never point it at any body that it is a real gun then, told her never to touch it with out your permission.

These actions take away all the curiosity and teaches them some responsibility.
    I'm almost there. Right now she is trained just to know that even my empty holster is, "No no." That's what she says too. She even now consciously avoids my strong side when I'm holstered up. She's a smart kid. Can't wait until she's old enough to understand more.

+1 At that age you cannot just count on them not touching a gun because you make them familiar with it. Toddlers want to handle things, either carry that gun on the person or lock it up. And putting it high is not a cure. We almost lost our daughter at that age from iron poisoning, from flintstone vitamins of all things. She climbed the cabinets when we were asleep to get to them. I always kept my guns locked while asleep, never would have imagined she would climb the cabinets. Had no idea that vitamins were that dangerous.
    I know, locked up is best. I also still need it available. I've gotta have one handy.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Sucks to be them. They should put that 3 yr old in prison forever...lol