• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA County sheriff releases Tarantino-style video warning about mass shootings: ...

OC for ME

A new PSA warns people what to do in active shooter situations.
The video was released by the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department last week.
It shows shooting at a school, a workplace and a mall.
Blood is seen spurting and multiple victims are left on the ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-shooting-unveiled-sheriff-s-department.html
Interesting, yet not unexpected, that CA cops do not recommend that citizens go about lawfully armed. It also shows that cops will almost certainly not be there to protect you so you must protect yourself and hope that cops get there in time.

HPmatt

Los Angeles Sheriff sure has a pretty collection of LE badges. Bet he spends a whole lot more time polishing, collecting and arranging them, than he does issuing CHLs for LA citizens to protect themselves in the 2/3 GFZs he shows in his video. Statistics in video conflict - says active shooter in US every 2.9 months, then says 13 times a year.

Surprised David Ono doesn't point out ABC7 has armed security guards protecting entrance to their company offices.

All of the comments on the ABC7 article were pro-2A.

WalkingWolf

I have no problem with the videos, it is good information for people who are not armed. And I saw no where in the videos where anti 2A statements or suggestions were made. I doubt you will see very many LEA agencies telling us to arm ourselves to stop active shooter situations, as long as they don't tell us not to.

And let's be honest, bringing a handgun to a rifle fight is not a winning combination. That has been seen many times but one of the most famous is the Miami shootout. If I could find cover and get away that would be my first inclination, rather than shoot it out when clearly outgunned. Unless of course we are going to advocate the carry of LG for self defense. And that is mostly taboo.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Never stated that the cops made anti-2A remarks. They certainly do not promote it either. Given the comments posted to the article LASD explicitly stating it would be preaching to the choir it seems.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Los Angeles Sheriff sure has a pretty collection of LE badges. Bet he spends a whole lot more time polishing, collecting and arranging them, than he does issuing CHLs for LA citizens to protect themselves in the 2/3 GFZs he shows in his video. Statistics in video conflict - says active shooter in US every 2.9 months, then says 13 times a year.

Surprised David Ono doesn't point out ABC7 has armed security guards protecting entrance to their company offices.

All of the comments on the ABC7 article were pro-2A.

Mass shootings happen 250,000 every second !!! But don't don't worry, even if hit the mass stays the same [conservation of mass]..

And the victim cards...what they say "I was too stupid not to have a gun with me..this is, after all, a GFZ~that means guns don't work here, right? Ah! shot again! This table does not stop his bullets!" bleed out

Watching the video, I was rooting for the gunmen.