Thread: Armed Nevada lawmakers prompt joke about gunfight in Legislature

Armed Nevada lawmakers prompt joke about gunfight in Legislature

I guess in NV folks in the gallery had better be careful - legislators are carrying....

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2015...out-gunfight-/
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I like this. Hopefully every legislator jumps on the bandwagon and gets a CCW. Dems in this state are capable of supporting gun rights, they just need a little more immersion.

Banned
    Not guilty for anyone who wounds this idiot....see why I'm pro-nullification. Case proven.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyray9 View Post
    I like this. Hopefully every legislator jumps on the bandwagon and gets a CCW. Dems in this state are capable of supporting gun rights, they just need a little more immersion.
    An armed society is a polite society.....particularly if OCing......which is a major point of this site.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Apparently, the exception to the state law that forbids arms in the legislative building for legislators themselves requires that no one can know which legislators have informed the leadership (required) that they will be carrying. So, open carry is out.

But we have at least three legislators (Fiore, Seaman, and Shelton) who are open carriers, at least on occasion. It's just doubly cool that all three are women. Moms demand action, anyone?

Nine total have informed the leadership that they will be carrying concealed.

Apparently, the R idiot cracking the jokes isn't one of them. He obviously lacks the brain power.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-03-2015 at 04:07 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    An armed society is a polite society.....particularly if OCing......which is a major point of this site.
    I'm quite aware of that and I've certainly figured that out the purpose of this site after being on it for 6 years. Legislators, however, are not allowed to OC in the chambers, so for them to have CCWs seems to be the next best option to further 2A/A1S11 causes in Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I guess in NV folks in the gallery had better be careful - legislators are carrying....http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2015...out-gunfight-/
    Thanks for the interesting article. Don't miss the comments. I wonder how legislation might be crafted to break the pay 4 permits rice-bowl? "No person shall pay for exercise of an infringement but to the state only."
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyray9 View Post
    I'm quite aware of that and I've certainly figured that out the purpose of this site after being on it for 6 years. Legislators, however, are not allowed to OC in the chambers, so for them to have CCWs seems to be the next best option to further 2A/A1S11 causes in Nevada.
    It was an observation only - not a admonition.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.